Intel price cuts

Thread: Intel price cuts

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Post Intel price cuts

Intel has been cutting prices like mad lately, what do you guys think of it? Are they just doing this because the AMD's of better performance are cheaper hence AMD is starting to get an upper hand?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Isn't the Pentium 4 undoubtedly the fastest processor you can buy (except for the G4, but we're discussing PCs)??

The P4 is fastest in pure mhz, but you need to be running win2k to even see the benifit of if. Otherwise, a t-bird performs just as well.

Our higher up's INSIST on selling P4 systems with ME and no NIC...Every sinlge one we've sold has been switched to w2k and adding a nic (usually more ram too)..
    -- I still do not understand the rampant growth of stupidity in this country.
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

Darren Wilson

Originally posted by KoWind7:
    The P4 is fastest in pure mhz, but you need to be running win2k to even see the benifit of if. Otherwise, a t-bird performs just as well.

Our higher up's INSIST on selling P4 systems with ME and no NIC...Every sinlge one we've sold has been switched to w2k and adding a nic (usually more ram too)..
    I thought most of the P4 boards had onboard NIC's as standard?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Originally posted by MastaTechLover:
    Isn't the Pentium 4 undoubtedly the fastest processor you can buy (except for the G4, but we're discussing PCs)??
    More clock cycles, but the mips are less....way less
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    I thought most of the P4 boards had onboard NIC's as standard?
    Not the Intel D850GB that we use.

Specs
    -- I still do not understand the rampant growth of stupidity in this country.
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

I will always prefer Intel over AMD. Just like I prefer Chevy over Ford, Coke over Pepsi, PC's over Mac's, etc., etc.,
    Hello World

Talking

Intel does have another version of the same board 850GBAL. It's nice...only a few dollars more for getting an Intel nic card. Well worth it. I have a P4 1.7 GHz and there is a noticeable improvement over my old 933 PIII, in the video and mutlimedia arena with it. I have not noticed any decline in performance with Office programs that I see posted all over the net.
    Would you like fries with that?

Maybe this would probably be better in Tech-to-Tech or Tech Lounge.

Your wish is my command....

Moved to Tech to Tech....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."