Tell us about Your sity/town - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tell us about Your sity/town

I live right at the Heart of the Evil Empire, in the town that has the HIGHEST cost of living anywhere in the US and more Preppies than you can shoot in two Saturday afternoons...

Redmond, WA.

I pay $1450 per month to rent a small 3 bedroom 1 bath house, and thats a great deal!!!
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada. On the west side of Toronto, it actually shares a border but is not a part of the metropolitan. Great city to live in. I like Toronto too, but Mississauga has a somewhat less hectic lifestyle. Toronto is where everything happens.
    Veni, vidi, quiesco sum.
    "We came, We saw, We lazed around"

I'm from a little hick town in a hick county in KY. Here's a list of ways to know if you're from the same type of place I am:

You can name everyone you graduated with.

You ever went to parties at a pasture, barn, or in the middle of a gravel or dirt road.

You used to drag "main."

You schedule parties around the schedule of different police officers, since you know which ones would bust you and which ones wouldn't- same goes
    with the game warden.

You ever went cow-tipping or snipe hunting.

School gets cancelled for state events.

It was cool to date someone from the neighboring town.

You had senior skip day.

The whole school went to the same party after graduation.

You don't give directions by street names or directions but by references (turn by Nelson's house, go two blocks east Anderson's, and it's four houses left of the track field).

The golf course had only 9 holes.

You can't help but date a friend's ex-girlfriend.

Your car stays filthy because of the gravel & dirt roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for this reason.

The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snooty", but is actually just like your town.

Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise

You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people."

The people in the city dress funny, then you pick-up on the trend two years later.

You bragged to your friends because you got pipes on your truck for your birthday.

Anyone you want can be found at either the Dairy Bar or the feed store.

You see at least one friend a week driving a tractor through town.

Football coaches suggest that you haul hay for the summer to get stronger.

Your letter jacket was worn after your 19th birthday.

Weekend excitement involves a trip to a Wal-Mart.

You decide to walk somewhere for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask if you need a ride.

Your teachers calls you by your older siblings names.

Your teachers remember when they taught your parents.

You can charge at all the local stores.

The closest chain restaurant is 35 miles away.

So is the closest mall.

It is normal to see an old man riding through your town on a riding lawn
    "I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn."

Potential Bumper Sticker: "Wiggle your mouse, it's just a screensaver."

Originally posted by RIOT:
    School gets cancelled for state events.

You had senior skip day.

You don't give directions by street names or directions but by references.

Your car stays filthy because of the gravel & dirt roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for this reason.

The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snooty", but is actually just like your town.

Weekend excitement involves a trip to a Wal-Mart.
    Sure you don't live in Shenandoah? Opening day of hunting season is actually a valid school abscence excuse here, no lie.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

CobraTekMax

Originally posted by Pogi:
    Sure you don't live in Shenandoah? Opening day of hunting season is actually a valid school abscence excuse here, no lie.
    Here too.

Originally posted by Pogi:
    Where I grew up, the week of the county fair, half the kids were absent on account of 4H.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Where I grew up (North Branch, MI), not only could you name everyone you graduated with, but everyone in grades 9-12.

We had (and they still don't have) a stop light in town. Not even a blinking light.

Our football team had 11 players every year until last year (we played hurt..we were country boys...we could take it...not like the city boys we played against.) They had 14.

It was an hour drive to anything fun.

We had 2 cops, 2 gas stations, 1 grocery store, and 6 bars within 10 minutes.
    -- I still do not understand the rampant growth of stupidity in this country.
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

I'm from an equally famous and, infamous city in the UK called Liverpool.

Infamous for being the hub of the slave trade triangle, and hence, at the time, the richest city on earth. It has some of the most amazing architecture you will ever see, and after New York, the most recognised skyline anywhere. It has more pubs per square mile than any other city in Europe except Dublin.

It is obviously famous for spawning The Beatles - who we all hate - and for the two most famous clubs ever - The Cavern Club and CREAM.

It is now very cosmopolitan, and a place where lots of people want to live. We have an area here called 'the golden triangle' - Between Allerton, Childwall and Woolton village (Where me and Jen live) - which now command the highest house prices in the UK.

With a population of 770,000 people it is England's 5th largest city, and a wonderful place to live!
    Where's Jennie??????

CREAMFIELDS - August Bank Holiday Weekend - Old Liverpool Airport. The dance event of the year.

My house in Cheriton, Kent UK home of the Channel Tunnel 11 months of the year I live In Abu Dhabi,UAE 10 miles out of town is desert nothing but sand dunes and the odd camel! and thats it appart from 50+oC and 90+% humidity
    "The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin, `and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.'"
    Douglas Adams 1954 - 2001

Silicon Valley (San Jose, CA).
    Hello World