Tell us about Your sity/town
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about Your sity/town

Cool Tell us about Your sity/town

I've seen so many techies here from sities/towns what I've never heard of.
    Please tell us about place You're living.
    Just wondering...

About me. I'm from big enough sity (about 1Mln people population)on the south of Ukraine on sea side of Black Sea.

By the way...Silvester Stallone's grandma was born in Odessa...

Originally posted by Ruslan:
    I've seen so many techies here from sities/towns what I've never heard of.
    Please tell us about place You're living.
    Just wondering...

About me. I'm from big enough sity (about 1Mln people population)on the south of Ukraine on sea side of Black Sea.

By the way...Silvester Stallone's grandma was born in Odessa...

i've been to novosibirsk... if that's of any interest?
    Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

Toronto is the largest city in Canada with about 2.5 million in the city limits, over 4 million if you count the metropolitan area. 50% of Canada's millionaires live in Toronto, and it shows. Everything is very expensive here. I keep costs down by not owning a car and taking the subway to work. If I need a car I can rent one. It's a nice city although the air quality can get a little nasty during the summer. Very busy and everyone is in a hurry. Torontonians tend to live fast paced lives. The worst part about living here is that traffic is so bad, it takes a long time to get where you're going.

I work in NYC, but live in Northern Jersey. The town isn't big enough to be called a town so we are still technically a village, but it's small, homey, safe and 15 minutes from NYC. I like my town. Life is a little slower here and we have a lot of parks. I can think of about 8 off-hand, plus a forest reservation that can be used for hiking, and illegal mountain biking. Quite a few famous people live here Lauryn Hill and the DJ from Naughty by Nature, Elizabeth Shue used to live here as well.
    end of line.

I live in Raleigh, NC. Not a BIG city. i don't know the population. does anyone else know?
    I live in my own little world, but it's ok... they know me here

I work in Boston which has a little under 1 million within the city. Lots of historical sites from the American revolution and the colonial era. Also, lots of Universities and colleges so there are a lot of exciting things to do here.

I live in a town bordering Boston called Brookline. My home is actually 50 feet from the Boston border...and I take the subway(known as the "T" here) to work everyday. Very convenient. Nice place to live.
    Retro-Computing: Not for the faint-of-heart.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

I live in the outskirts of a town called ansted, couldnt be over 1,000 people there, we have a 2 sub restraunts, and four gas stations. Thats it
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum1/noncgi

I live in London, Ontario, Canada.

330,000 people, only some of whom have a clue...

I'm looking for work OUTSIDE of the city, for reasons which it would take way too long to type up here...

Originally posted by NakedMessiah:
    I live in Raleigh, NC. Not a BIG city. i don't know the population. does anyone else know?
    I'd much rather live up there than here, i live over in lumberton. Hicks and rednecks....they're everywhere.
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

Darren Wilson

Huntingdon was the birthplace of Oliver Cromwell and is also the town of residence of the former Prime Minister John Major. This weekend , a riot broke out on the major housing estate by vigilantes completely wrecking 2 houses of suspected drug dealers. I am sure I was living in South Central LA on Sunday Other than that it is a complete dump

unikey

Talking

Yalding in Kent,,,,its a complete dump (around 3000 people) it even looks better when its under 5 foot of water

Simon

Tiffin, Ohio has a population of around 20,000. It is located approximately 50 miles South-Southeast of Toledo and is home to two small colleges, Heidelberg College and Tiffin University. We are split down the middle by the Sandusky River and have several very nice parks and views to see.

The crime is low and the people are nice. There are more police per capita than any other city or town in Ohio.
    Sometimes the most difficult problems have the most obvious solutions - they just get overlooked.

Elbatcho

Talking

Yorkshire Man born and bread, broad in sholder think in ead, I was born in Martin which is where Captain James T Cook was born. Small town north of york and south of Middlesbough. Moved to the US 13 years ago and now live in Philadelphia, home of the cheesesteak, Rocky movies and the word YO!!!

I live in a small village name Iberville about 50KM south of Montreal Quebec. Where about 2500 citizens, just by a river it's calm and quit and if i want some exitment I just go to Montreal. I work in Montreal actualy.

perfect place for me
    Remember a nice and kind user must be up to something

I'm from N.E. Philadelphia, PA U.S.A. but I'm always going all over the city.

It kinda sucks here... especially in the past 4 years my neigborhood has gone really downhill

on the plus side there's alot of stuff to do entertainment wise.

oh hey Cobra there's a "Hooters" on Delaware Ave. near Penn's landing if you ever in the area come on down.
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...