No XP drivers for new motherboard??? HELP!!!

Thread: No XP drivers for new motherboard??? HELP!!!

Unhappy No XP drivers for new motherboard??? HELP!!!

I finally purchased the theorethically inbcredible iWill KK266motherboard with the AMD Athlon 1600 XP and I am shocked to find out that it doesn't support Windows XP!

Every time I turn it on it gives me that "new hardware found" for the VIA Bus Master IDE Drivers and it asks me for the drivers.

iWill supplies new "XP drivers" on their web site that are simply incorrect. "Your softwae does not contain any info about your hardware" or "Wizard could not find the drivers for this device".

I even went to the VIA web site and downloaded their "XP Drivers" but the same thing.
    The computer works but things like my USB and secondary video card don't work correctly.
    Does anyone know what to do?

Please help!

Joe

When you attempt to install the drivers does it just tell you that the drivers are not available or they are not certified as "real" XP drivers? It is quite expensive for most companies to have their drivers whql certified by MS. If it tells you they are not certified, they may still work, they just have not been certified by MS.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Not available. The XP drivers are simply incorrect. kind of the same as you are trying to install sound card drivers for a video card - it just acts as of these drivers has nothing to do with this hardware!

(and yes, I know what you are refering to with the Microsoft "certification scam" where they basically will scare innocent people to thinking that the drivers are dangerous for the system unless the manufacture will pay Microsoft a hefty certification fee...)

Exclamation

I guess we can close this topic. I just gave up on XP altogether. I call it windows XP-remental...
    I put win 2000 on and start having a whole bunch of new problems - but I decided to post this as a new topic to make it more appropriate.