[RESOLVED] Win 98 and higher is the devil!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Win 98 and higher is the devil!

pumpkinhead77

Resolved [RESOLVED] Win 98 and higher is the devil!

ROTFLMAO!!!! My manager here at the shack just told me the reason that she does not use any os higher than 95 is because M$ can then see all of your software etc. if this were true, how many customers and friends do you know that would be tiny's girlfriend?

------------------
    If it's not broken....Fix it!
    http://www.underauthority.net

dlagace

No offense to you Buddy biut Radio shack know's nothing when it comes to Computers, they should stick to Remote control cars, and stereo's.

------------------
    "What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge dLagace=DANIMAL

pumpkinhead77

Well, that's why they have me, cause noone else knows about computers....but anything above win95 allowing m$ to spy on you? That's just hilarious!

------------------
    If it's not broken....Fix it!
    http://www.underauthority.net

tazdrummer

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by pumpkinhead77:
    Well, that's why they have me, cause noone else knows about computers....but anything above win95 allowing m$ to spy on you? That's just hilarious!

</font>
    You have GOT to be kidding me! ROFLMAO

I could imagine what they think about WinXP!! LOL

------------------
    If it aint broke, tweak it!!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!!

Breakbeat Bob

Back when I was little, I remember going into Radio Shack and the guy was trying to sell my dad and I a Compaq computer. "It will run anything and will never break." Yeah, well back then I knew nothing about computers. Now after being a technician, I look back at that moment and think "Damn, good thing I didn't piss away $1500 bucks on that piece of crap." Now my friends and I go into random stores and test the sales reps on how much they actually know. Hehe, Radio Shack is by far the lowest store (No offense to the actual few people who work there and know their stuff).

Yea Right...
    you know what - Lets play with it for a moment...
    Microsoft is Spying on Bin-Laden's computer and gives the Info to the NSA.
    The NSA delivers the Info into the hands of Intel and AMD which produce a Special instruction in their processor to detct where the computer is.
    Now, Using GPS We can know EXACTLY where bi-Laden is. and we can Use Computer Virus to kick his A$$.
    The virus will probably cause GPF or BSOD since microsoft OS tends to do so.

All this means that Microsoft is really BAD.

Just a thought from my (VERY) Twisted mind.

------------------
    It Works Better if you Plug it in, It Works far better if you Turn it ON!
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

window_washer

Actually Windows does keep some absolutely frightening records of the stuff on your machine, and hidden, too, so you don't know they are there. I do not, however, believe this is by intention. I think it is purely because the people who programmed it were very sloppy.

However, this does allow hackers who know this stuff to find out all sorts of interesting information about you.

------------------
    In another lifetime, I USED to be known as Wayward Clam. But the Powers That Be have spoken, so who am I to argue...?

MacGyver

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Gabriel:
    Now, Using GPS We can know EXACTLY where bi-Laden is. and we can Use Computer Virus to kick his A$$.
    The virus will probably cause GPF or BSOD since microsoft OS tends to do so.
    </font>
    So the best way to get Bin Laden is to use a computer virus? Better idea is to shut down the satelite phones that those clowns use in the wilderness!

------------------
    I help others in the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

kubrick

Window washer, could you elaborate on that a little bit?
    What and Where is it?

------------------
    Who gives a F**K about your problems baby, 'cause you can pay the rent... -G.M.

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by MacGyver:
    So the best way to get Bin Laden is to use a computer virus? Better idea is to shut down the satelite phones that those clowns use in the wilderness!

</font>
    MacGyverIt was a joke...
    a bit Saracsm never hurt anyone.

------------------
    It Works Better if you Plug it in, It Works far better if you Turn it ON!
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

TheComputerKid

Actually, I know someone who lives by "No Sarcasm! We Don't Get it!"

And as far as Bin-Laden?? Two words: Sex Change.

------------------

ad3p4

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by kubrick:
    Window washer, could you elaborate on that a little bit?
    What and Where is it?

</font>
    Fravia's has a glimpse into that, but it's pretty old...

Also look at What's behind the mm256.dat and mm2048.dat files?.

------------------
    "Expect the unexpected"
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by ad3p4 (edited October 12, 2001).]

Fierce1

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by dlagace:
    No offense to you Buddy biut Radio shack know's nothing when it comes to Computers, they should stick to Remote control cars, and stereo's.

</font>
    even then its still iffy....

------------------
    Go big...or go home!

Vette2000

Talking

Gotta try (I know it's hopeless) and defend the Shack for a moment. There are different kinds of Shacks. Most of them, about 99 out of 100 don't know much about computers, let alone how to fix one, but there are a very few stores with real techs that are pretty good at what they do (blowin' my own horn here). All the salespeople know is what they are told about the computers and to go put and sell them anyway possible. Ask one what the bus speed on one is and check out the look you'll get from the sales clerk! I work at a franchise store in a small town where the owner realized we're the only computer store for miles therefore he better find someone that knows computers of all brands and how to fix 'em so he hired me out of a major city. I'm working on final certifications now to make us a service center for several brands. Yeah most Radio Shacks suck, I even have had many run-ins with the service centers, but there are some of us that are different. Sorry......didn't mean to go off on a tangent!

------------------
    If walking is so good for you, then why does my mailman look like Jabba The Hut?

Blehboy

Present company excepted, that is why I do not buy PCs from retail stores.

------------------
    "Oh, baby. You are so talented...and they are so dumb." - Sheriff Bart, Blazin' Saddles