This is a pet-peeve of mine. Customers who ignore the employees only sign and just follow you back to the tech area.

It happened a couple of weeks ago, but with a twist. This guy buys a NIC from us and says he will install. Next day shows up with his little Gateway mini tower - no POST. He tells the guy up front he cannot leave it and wants us to look at it now. So the sales guy comes back to tell me this so I say bring it back. Customer then follwows the guy back and here is the conversation that followed:

Sales guy - Sorry sir, but we do not allow customers in this area
Customer - Why not?
SG - Our insurance doesn't allow customers in the back
Cust - What insurance?
Me (thinking) - Do what??
SG (hesitating) - Im sorry sir, is there a problem?
Cust - What if I sign a waiver agreeing not to sue?
Me (thinking) - WTF??!!

The guy is standing right next to my chair so when I stand up I'm right in his face. "Dude - we do not allow customers back here." He then says he will wait up front. What the hell kind of idiot asks that??

The sales guy comes back and says "please tell me he needs a new motherboard or worse."

Welp, I really couldn't get the machine to POST - unhooked/pulled everyhting. Not even a flicker. Turns out the machine was on when he pulled the original NIC out. Someone told him he could hot swap it. He got charged for that one

------------------
GENERAL FAILURE READING DRIVE A:
(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

Paint your old laptop!