[RESOLVED] What's on YOUR desktop? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] What's on YOUR desktop?

Computer books and magazines. piles of CD's and floppy disks (many of which are worthless - either do not work or are from win3.1...). Certificates from Microsoft laying on top of my open computer case. Spare fans. Old hard drive. Crumbs and power cords. A spare keyboard and 2 extra mice.

Rafi

19" monitor, 17" monitor, 15" monitor, 3 pcs (main, extra, and nt server) and zillions of screws, floppies, cd spindles, papers, subwoofer system, steering wheel, keyboards, mice, etc. Man I gotta get me one of those Serveview boxes. Oh, yeah. My Darth Maul Action figures do my guarding.

Monitor
    keyboard
    mouse
    speakers
    clipboard full of game cracks and cheats
    20 Mountain Dew caps that I have to enter at the website
    Something I cannot ID Possibly food for it is wrapped in a McDonalds wrapper...I am not sure but I think it just moved...

------------------
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?

DesertEagle

Smile

Lets see, there is a copy of the 5 Rings by Musashi, a Palm Pilot, a Toshiba 4010 CDS laptop, 50 blank cd's, a Yamaha Fender guitar clone and Amp, a Rockman chorus box, some unopened gum, 40 rounds of .22 caliber ammo, assorted clips for a Ruger 10/22 rifle, a half dead plant, a humidor with a few nice cigars in it, a cordless phone, 2 cell phones I no longer use, assorted Electronic parts, an Estes model rocket, launcher and assorted supplies and engines for said rocket. Some yellow stickies with unknown phone numbers on them and some doggie treats for snacking on (the dogs, not me ). I gotta get a grip on my life !!1

DesertEagle

Exclamation

I forgot about the Cable modem

Bills Cell phone, chargers, razor, printer 17" outside case of cpu, lots of candles (girlfriend), phone, 2 hdd, 120 blank cd's in 4 spindles (i get sick of seeing the same cd each time) wires, sub. bills, school papers and a sticker of my fraternities patron saint,

On mine you will find a constantly changing assortment of hardware, screwdrivers, cd's, junk mail, and other junk I needed at one time. And to think, that is not a scary as what is under it.
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

archangel

Question

I have a scanner, left speaker, 17in monitor right speaker, keyboard in front (sometimes you will find my cat sleeping on it... can't break his habit of stretching out on it), printer and computer (w/ dark ages Spawn keeping an eye out for trouble). Under desk, 1000+ cables, woofer, 30lb UPS (very old) and couple more cables. Almost forgot, about 10lb of paper, CDs (old stuff, new stuff, and god only knows what is on them) and more paper. I think I should clean up.

------------------
    www.el-mono.com

[This message has been edited by archangel (edited October 02, 2000).]

Right now... an apple I stole from the police department (an officer told me to take it from the Chief's basket, so I'll claim entrapment!) and a little stuffed penguin on the monitor.

And the usual unmarked floppies, scraps of paper, napkins, and empty soda cans.

At home I have a Beanie Baby moose that my 4 year-old brother-in-law picked out for me.

*edited because my spelling is horrible*

[This message has been edited by SavagePenguin (edited October 02, 2000).]
    --------------------------
    Laugh at your problems... Everybody else does!

tecman

Talking

one metric ton of shy-at

Here is what i ahve on my desk at work:

2 19" inch monitors, 1 21" monitor, my crappy network machine. assorted power supplies, some empty boxes, 2 CD holders bursting with CD's, a bunch of floppies and i have no clue what is on them, empty soda cans, about 10 video cards, about 15 hard drives ranging from 6 Gb to 30 Gb, about 20 cpu's ranging from 266MHz to an Athlon 850MHz, about 10 sticks of PC100 32 Mb SDRAM, 4 sticks of PC66 32 Mb RAM, a bunch of floppy drives, a defective Athlon 700 MHz processor, phone, tools, 2 sets of defective Altec Lansing speakers, 4 mice, 5 AMR modem cards, AC adapters, heatsink with fans, a barcode reader, an LS120 super disk, 2 CD-RW's, assorted motherboard manuals, assorted driver disks, data switch, 3 keyboards, USB modem, a cup full of zip ties, 3 DVD movies (mystery men, lethal weapon 4, and funny farm), pens, scattered papers, a spindle of CD-R's, a few motherboards... i think that's about it. It is amazing that i even know where everyhting is.......

------------------
    You have to be smarter than what you are working with.

[This message has been edited by klenard (edited October 02, 2000).]
    Some days you are the dog, some days you are the Hydrant.

visit http://www.digifuge.com

RoboG4

My setup is a desk surrounded by two cabinets, they pretty much serve as an extension of the deskstpace. From left to right, floor speaker(12"sub,5.25"mid,1"tweet), epson 740, 19"monitor, desklamp, calcIII homework, 9" borg figure, 13"tv, sony STR-DE345 reciever, phone, floor speaker.

FatalException0E

Red face

Oh geez, let's see......
    The box my Leatherman came in
    Tape Measure
    CD case with my games
    CD case of other software
    Plate I keep loose change in
    Bills
    Bills
    Bills
    Price sheets from work
    Keys
    Glasses
    Cell Phone
    Stuffed frog from my girlfriend
    Floppy box
    Speaker
    Lightbulb
    Checkbook
    Monitor w stuffed bulldog on top of it
    Trackball
    Plastic flowers in a vase (also from GF)
    Coke can
    Other speaker
    Printer
    Phone
    Alarm clock

The CPU is on the floor (cover off), the keyboard is on a drawer under the desk, and I have just enough clear desk space to rest my arm and use the trackball.

------------------
    Two things are infinte: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - A. Einstein

Monkey_bangin_on_computer

Open computer case (to control the heating caused by overclocking my P2-350 128 MB PC100 SDRAM 100 FSB to P2-466 128MB of PC100 SDRAM running at 133) with an external parallel port ZIP drive sitting on the upper CD-ROM drive and three CDs (Phil Vassar, Who wants to be a millionare (not even mine) and Puzzle Bobble 2 along with a ZIP in the drive and one on top of the CDs with a floppy too. Two CLC manuals with two more CDs on top, Warcraft and Lords of the Realms II and a book I haven't gotten a chance to read since classes started.

To the left of my open computer is a cabinet door to keep my cat (who keeps going behind my monitor) out of my computer. Then there's the monitor with the labtec satalite speakers wedged below it (the sub woofer hides some of the cords that spill out below my computer).

The power strip/surge protector is laying on the edge of my makeshift computerdesk and a night stand I use for my computer junk. I have a Microsoft racing wheel on top of the nightstand and two joysticks and a throttle control on top of a pile of boxes in the corner (next to the nightstand that partially holds the power strip).

My keyboard is in a small metal case that sits on the desk (an old wooden student desk) and under my computer and monitor.

My chair is older than time itself, a really cheap dinning room table chair, green with flowers and metal legs I've had to bend a couple times. The keyboard tray is littered with papers, pennies, a pencil, a wrapper from a granola bar, a wrapper from a band-aid, two floppies, an old sticky pad with Ultima 4 info, and an old key that I have no clue as to where it came from.

There's no room on the keyboard tray for a mouse so that's on a black cabinet door (matching the one guarding my computer from my cat) that's held down by a scanner covered in papers. The mouse pad is Yoda and beside it are three cups one inside the other that are dirty, a salt shaker, a Rush cassette that hasn't worked right in years and a single clean cup (will wonders never cease, something clean!).

The other computer's case is closed but it has all kinds of junk piled high on it.

I guess I should clean one of these years

*Ok, ok, it's late so I had to edit*

[This message has been edited by Monkey_bangin_on_computer (edited October 03, 2000).]

xcoderx

I gotta get me a protector for my computer. I'll have to take a trip to Best Buy and see what games have action figures. Heh, good excuse to buy a game.

On my desk and I just cleaned it about two weeks ago - computer and all that, force feedback stick, sidewinder, 2 phones, cd case, unopened mail(yuck, my 10 yr HS reunion), cd cases w/ cds hopefully, alarm clock, couple coke cans, loose change and change beer mug, lamp, couple manuals, misc. paper w/ notes, pen/marker, disk case, watch, sunglasses, keys, wallet, pay stubs, stapler(empty)