How to get rid of old SPRY dialer?

Thread: How to get rid of old SPRY dialer?

Post How to get rid of old SPRY dialer?

Got an old AST here with Internet Explorer 2 on it. Yes, 2!!!! Anyhoo I can get 5 in there no problem, but every time I try to dial out on the modem it pops up something called a SPRY dialer. Searched all over the net, seems they no longer exist or are now Compuserve or something... Anyhoo can't delete the bloody thing no matter what I try! Tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the internet, dialup, and network stuff, reinstalling latest versions of Internet Explorer... no luck.

I would appreciate it, if anyone here knows and could let me know... HOW CAN I GET RID OF SPRY?????
    Sorry, mildly hysterical moment there...

unfortunately, reinstall isn't even an option because they need to use the AST recovery disk, and it's on there (aaargh...)

Why do I always get the jobs like this?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Download & install StartED & see where it's loading & disable it.

You can download it from www.download.com

If Compuserve is installed on your computer, get rid of it. Sprynet is their special dialer.

If you use another Internet Provider, you can just set them up under dial up networking and go into the IE settings and and make the new connection the Default.

If you want to be drastic about it, you can click on START/RUN, type REGEDIT and click ok and just search the registry for the word SPRYNET and delete all of them. Just be careful what you delete in the Registry.
    Roger: "Gotta light?"
    Sarien Guard: "Sorry, don't drink."
    -- Aboard the Deltaur