Odd IE issue

Thread: Odd IE issue

Post Odd IE issue

My boss has this odd issue with Internet Explorer where he tries to download from a particular site and the DL automatically saves to the windows/temp file and is immediatly denied access to the file (thus the file does not DL). There is no way to click the file but you need to mark a radio button and then click a download button to begin the DL.

I am unable to find a setting that seems to corilate to this in IE and I have cleared cookies and IE temp files, set the cache to a higher level and enabled all cookies (just for giggles). I am unsure why the file does not have permission to write to the folder as it is a 98 machine (thus no permissions).

Any input would be helpful.

My $.02

Assuming its a local drive, check the attribs of the file he just downloaded, make sure it is not set to read only or archive.

Hmm, does he have this issue when he tries to download form any site, or just that one?
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

I would contact the webmaster of the site. They seem to have a complicated download system to prevent external linking, and probably get this question all the time.

It is a secure site that he needs to log on to. It's the AT&T website that lets us monitor network useage over our frame relay lines (Did i mention that I got a promotion to the networking group?). Contacting the web site usually is a good idea, but if any of you have ever had dealings with a phone company you know how impossible this is.

The one thing with the file is that it will not DL at all, and errors when he tries. He reports that it previously did not do this and other sites do not (but I will reafirm this).

I will try to reset all the advanced settings but I'm not sure it will help. I will also have him try and DL from a different PC and then with a different IE version.