[RESOLVED] PC stuck in reboot loop

Thread: [RESOLVED] PC stuck in reboot loop

Green Manalishi

Post PC stuck in reboot loop

When I try to boot from a floppy disk, the system goes so far but then just restarts itself.
    If I make a disk with only the sys files, it will boot to a command prompt ok.
    But when I try to boot with a Partition Magic rescue disk it gets to the ppoint where the screen usually turns aqua and the app starts and then reboots itself.
    I took disk one of the three NT4 boot-up install disks and tried it - it gets only so far and starts the reboot loop as well.
    I also tried it with a disk that loads the DOS CD-ROM drivers and it also gets the reboot loop. (these disks work fine in other systems)
    Strange thing is that I was able to get it to successfully boot with the CD driver disk if I hit Pause during the process a couple of times and then let it continue.

The mobo is a PC-Chips M570 rev1.3.
    I was running both a 128MB and a 64MB DIMM, but tried it with just one, then the other, and even took them both out and threw in a pair of SIMMS - no change.

What is causing this?

1.Try to disable MB cashe- may be, bad cashe cause this effect.
    2. Try to use antivirus soft.

Green Manalishi

Unhappy

Well, I tried disabling all the settings dealing with cache that I could fine in the BIOS, but it still happens.
    I turned the virus protection on in the BIOS and scanned my bootdisks on another machine.

Any other possible way to fix this problem?