[RESOLVED] connect an apple laser printer to my windows Network

Thread: [RESOLVED] connect an apple laser printer to my windows Network

mitchgl

Post connect an apple laser printer to my windows Network

I am trying to connect an apple laser printer to my windows Network, looking for help in what pinout cables to use. The printer has an 8 pin din male connector is their a adapter I can use to make this possible.

mitchgl

Maybe I'm missing something, but the printer probably can't go right into the network. You'll probably need a print server, one that can talk between Windows/Mac. Or pull out an old Mac and use that as a print server...

Originally posted by mitchgl:
    I am trying to connect an apple laser printer to my windows Network, looking for help in what pinout cables to use. The printer has an 8 pin din male connector is their a adapter I can use to make this possible.

mitchgl
    To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to a mac printer with that pinout, working on a PC. I have seen a few USB Printers that will work with either, but I dont think you are going to have much luck. What sort of printer is it, by the way?
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Whats the model? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I rember seeing a Laserwriter that was basically an HP LJ3 - and under one of the side panels was a place to plug in a paralell card/converter. This has been quite ahile so I'm not sure.
    (A)bort (R)etry (G)et a beer?

....DOH!

where's my wicked reply to this question gone!??!!??!!

Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

I cannot tell from that picture whether that is an AppleTalk connector or An apple serial connector. If it is the former it won't happen. If however it is the latter you will need an adapter which is available in stores. They are usually sold for external modems and not printers. I have the pinouts for the apple serial connector somewhere. if I can find them I'll post them here.

Here they are: http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n12305