Need confirmation...

Thread: Need confirmation...

Post Need confirmation...

I've got a customer that has about 25 PC users mostly laptop users. It seems that everyone and I mean everyone's computer is "locking up" or "crashing". There are only 3 types of laptops
    1. Dell Inspiron 7500
    2. Compaq Armada 1750
    3. Compaq Armada M700

I told the contact lady that the problems may be software related and suggested to her that I make 3 images, one for each kind of laptop and that we back up the user's files and re-image the computers.

What do you guys think? I really value my peers here at Windrivers more so than some of my coworkers.
    Any hints would be helpfull.

BTW, the problems occur with any / all applications @ any given time, the only pattern that I have seen is that most are not smart enough to have a computer, but they do install everything off of the web. ie realplayer, napster, the list goes on and on.

JKS
    I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
    John Cage (1912-1992)

I would check the Antivirus software first. Maybe it is buggy and is screwing everything else up in the process. If they don't have any antivirus software, then maybe they're infected with viruses!