As promised, the BE6-II question

Thread: As promised, the BE6-II question

Post As promised, the BE6-II question

OK, I have a question about the Abit BE6-II motherboard. Does anyone know of an Ultra ATA/66 driver for NetWare for the HPT 366 IDE? Some little whelp* took my client's NetWare server and replaced a dead motherboard (no problem) and then used Drive Copy to copy the contents of the existing 4.3G hard drive (slight problem, Drive Copy uses sector by sector copying to move NetWare partitions and does not expand it to fill the drive as ServerMagic does) to a brand spanking new 8.4GB Ultra ATA/66 drive (biggest problem: NetWare doesn't see the drive and therefore the volumes won't mount. Now I'm mad! LOL).

I've put his old hard drive back in place so he's up and operational. To be honest, in three years he's only filled up 820 MB of that drive, and has over 3GB left, so he doesn't even have a need for the newer drive. But it's there, so I wouldn't mind adding it as a second (and much faster) volume.

What was my question? Oh yes, is there a NetWare driver for this controller? Thanks in advance (-:

*(added on further reflection) By the way, this "Whelp" had the gall to do this work and then say "Oh you have NetWare. I don't know anything about that."

Then leave your ()(%*)(#$^ hands OFF IT!

Sorry, I'm ok now (-:

------------------
    R. Bret Walker, CNE

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.

[This message has been edited by pcshark (edited July 12, 2000).]
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.

OK, then how about a website that has ABIT drivers on it? Maybe I can find one on my own (-;
    R. Bret Walker, CNE

http://www.abit.com.tw/english/download/driver-ha66.htm

No netware drivers for download though

OK after much searching I have come to the conclusion that there is no NetWare driver for the on-board UDMA/66 on the BE6-II. Which sucks. And also takes me back to my original comment, that the guy who took it upon himself to perform an unnecessary upgrade to this machine should shrivel up and die before he ever touches another NetWare system.

I guess I can connect the UDMA/66 drive to the standard EIDE controller on the board. Comments? Suggestions?

PS: Thanks much DA, you must've responded while I was writing this (-;

------------------
    R. Bret Walker, CNE

[This message has been edited by pcshark (edited July 17, 2000).]
    R. Bret Walker, CNE