[RESOLVED] Help!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Help!

rsalas187

Resolved [RESOLVED] Help!

In detail please, How can I save the drivers from a computer setup to disk. most companies have these restore disk for there computers,the files are all compressed so there is no way to get the drivers from the restore disk. So is there anyway to get the
    files from the system files and if so, what files to get per device? Any help would be great!

3fingersalute

Well, that's a little tricky, a lot of larger computer companies (Gateway, Dell, etc.) will store them in the windows\options\cabs directory. Grabbing the windows\inf directory is not enough usually, because the inf's need files that are sometimes in windows or windows\system or windows\system32\ etc....

The best way is to download the proper driver andput it on a disk, or put them all together on one cd for the customer!

------------------
    Why do convenience stores that are open 24/7 have locks on the doors?

I can't answer your questions but, what brand of computer. Most of the "restore disk computers" have the drivers A) on a seperate CD B)on the restore CD in a subfolder. Even if you can get the drivers I would recommend downloading the latest drivers just for stability purposes.
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)