pcchips 758lmr+ - unable to use cmos password

Thread: pcchips 758lmr+ - unable to use cmos password

Question pcchips 758lmr+ - unable to use cmos password

I am using a pcchips m758lmr+ mobo. In all previous cases, putting in a password for cmos has always been a matter of configuring a setting in the advanced cmos option and entering the password via the password selection in the cmos menu. With this mobo, however, it continues to say that passwords are disabled when I enter the password for the first time... I have tried an identical mobo with the same results. Clearing cmos changed all other settings but this one.

There is no reference to this problem on the pcchips website. suggestions?

Look thru all of your CMOS settings. I seem to recall a setting in the 810LMR's CMOS that you have to enable the password first, then you can type it in.
    If I had a hammer...

Just checked the manual, check your "Password Setup" setting in your Advanced Setup screen of CMOS. Must be 6 characters or less and you must press "Enter" after you type it in twice. Hope that helps.
    If I had a hammer...

Just a thought,just check theres not a paswword disable jumper on the board

andi and scooterwad,

thanks for the suggestions. I had already tried them without success before I posted the first time, but I appreciate the reminder. Sometimes it's easy to overlook the obvious when you are frustrated.

I have contacted pcchips directly and am hoping for a solution from them. All the current mobos from that series seem are behaving in the same way. I suspect that they have changed their something without documenting it.

Question

Is there a bios revision out for the bios yet? Try interchanging the bios chips themselves. Also try some new batteries. How many mbs has this been the case for?
    Thats easy, PEZ.....Cherry flavored PEZ!