Installation problems

Thread: Installation problems

Hybrid View

Post Installation problems

I have a system in which is having problems with installing software. The system is:

Patriot celeron 433Mhz
    64MB RAM w/1MB shared VGA
    5XDVD
    CDRW U/B ?

The machine has problems with installing ISP CD when pc reboots after installing it, errors pop up syaing certain files (that came off CD) have been corrupted. I have been told that other software acts this way and i have a few games the customer gave me that he had probs with (Tiberian Sun, r ed alert 2). I am NOW testing the system so aany suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried different Drives and Im just about to run SFC and see if that helps.
    :-)

patriot.....hmmm that would be pcworld then?

when I worked there (a while ago) I had similar problems on several machines. most were sorted by a reinstall of windows (I think it turned out to be a dodgy registry) but one needed a new stick of RAM.

Of course it could always be a dodgy hard disc. Have u run scandisk yet?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I have not run Scandisk YET but will do now, I have just finished running SFC and it come up with 173 Files! Customer says they have re-installed before bringing in, reckon dodgy 98 CD? it looks pretty good condition.

Right i have re-installed system and it still does not work when i install the ISP CD I have just installed A Game not one that the customer gave me, but i know how this one works! it seems to be fine, but i get a really bad error as the ISP CD tries to start thee registration process!

The Message "Script Error" Reads

Service 5395edc5-1b73-11d3-ae15-00a0244ee2f7 not installed properly. Error 80040154

This is Stupid, please note we have tried a different copy of the ISP CD(NTL) and we have tried two different CD-ROM Machines. HHEEEEEELLLLP!

I have also ran a Surface scan using Scandisk and this reported no errors.

Swap the IDE cables, and if possible, the channels they are on, could be looking at dodgy IDE controller.

Good luck.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars