[RESOLVED] I am so ticked off right now!!!

Thread: [RESOLVED] I am so ticked off right now!!!

pga

Resolved [RESOLVED] I am so ticked off right now!!!

I am so ticked off right now!!!

We sold some systems to a government agency using a win98 peer-to-peer network. They went with 98 because of older DOS apps and no need for a server.

They had some weird dos based lantastic integrated software that is vital to their operation, but Artisoft/Lantastic sucks!!

The Artisoft site no longer provides drivers, support, etc... and i can only get their software to work with their old nasty ISA NIC Cards!!

This agency had all new wiring ran and new 10/100 kingston cards in the new systems, w/new hubs etc... but they are basically trapped in the old 7 year old lantasitc coaxial network and 7 year old Artisoft NIC Cards....

they cannot change their software.

any suggestions besides making a site boycotting artisoft or asking the unabom guy for advice???

systems have to be delivered by monday, or we are out big time.... the original delivery date was saturday, but that's when we found the problem.

(looks like they are another cirrus logic company, as far as support/drivers are concerned, from my point of view).

shawn, aliendyne, darren,... Ya think the driver guy has a secret stash of lantastic network info/faq/drivers he could post like he did with cirrus?

Percy

Lightbulb

Hmm. I dunno if this would help you or not, PGA but the shop I work at used to do a /lot/ of dealing in Artisoft stuff. I'm afraid that with your deadline I might not be able to do anything, but I could look and see on Monday. The boss keeps /everything/ and we've got a pretty impressive library of Artisoft stuff on floppy disks at the shop.

Lemme know if that's any help.

------------------
    Perseverance in all matters.

Gooman

Cool

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pga:

"lantastic integrated software" sounds fishy, could the software just simply be using the shares created by lantastic? You may just check that because if the software is using the share, it is conceviable to run both windoze networking and lantastic on one computar...

"The Artisoft site no longer provides drivers, support, etc... and i can only get their software to work with their old nasty ISA NIC Cards!! " artisoft is out of the networking business and has been for a while, you may try ebay or other auction sites, i've seen stuff here and there and ***this is important*** you don't necessarily need the lantastic card to run, there was a version of the software called ai for adapter independent that would run just fine, if you find that you're in business.

your coax network can co-exist with the 10base-t, just use transceivers.

gud luck
    l8r

------------------
    Ouch, stop it... -anonymous

pga,

Sorry for the late reply. I spent the weekend in the hospital with this flu thing that's going around. Just getting back to work (slowly) today.

I can probably help you with the Lantastic problem if you haven't already solved it. I think I was one of the few who actually certified as an Artisoft ICT way back when. If you are using Lantastic v6.0 or earlier then you are stuck in DOS and it's hell.

I'm sure I still have licensing around here for newer versions that run under 95/98. With a newer version you don't have the DOS driver problem for the old ISA NodeRunner Pro cards. You can use any NIC that has a Windows driver and still support all the DOS apps.

Let me know if you need more help. You probably have it figured out by now. Again, sorry for the untimely response.

gbbone