[RESOLVED] Setting the jumpers

Thread: [RESOLVED] Setting the jumpers

jtestrrixom

Question Setting the jumpers

I have an Asus A7V133 and a AMD T-Bird 1.2 GHz and I would like to know what the best jumper settings are, for speed, I don't mean overclocking, I just want to know what the optimal settings are, I've downloaded the new manual but according to the manual my jumpers aren't set to any of the specified settings

The A7V133 usually comes with jumpers set for default/auto detect operation as far as the cpu is concerned, so very little jumper fiddling should be required. However....you did not specify if your cpu was a 1200"B"(12x100) model, or 1200"C"(9x133) model. In any event, even if you received a B model, you could in fact run it as a 1200C if your cpu's L1 bridges are closed, as many 1200's and above currently are shipping with uncut L1 bridges. Simply select "User defined", vice "Auto", in the BIOS/Advanced Chipset Features, and first lower the multiplier (if L1 bridges are closed) to 9x....save the changes, then select 133 MHz FSB, for 1200"C"/9 x 133 operation. It's worth a few extra percentage points in performance because of the higher bus speed operation.

All the jumpers should be set at jumperless mode, right out of the box. I feel it's better left this way, because most of the settings can be changed in the BIOS. OC'ing a 1.33, I think is pointless, because you've already got a fast CPU. But, I guess it's the thrill of it all.
    Hey man! Hand me that thing. Not that thing! The other thing!!! You know, the thing!!!