[RESOLVED] Anti-Virus Software?!?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [RESOLVED] Anti-Virus Software?!?!?

Exclamation

We use Norton Corp with out incident, not even a hint of Nimda, codered, etc.....

But that wont stop them brining in external disks they have copied and spreading disaster..last week I cleaned out 398 funloves from the one laptop....wondered why it was doing weird thing on him.

Yosh

------------------
    It was like that when I got here!_ ___________ _ pig's a$$.
    It was like that when I got here!_ _ _ ___ _ _ _ pig's a$$.

The Real SlyVenom

Thumbs down

Oh Ya, Word of Advice

AVOID DR. SOLOMON

This thing is wretched,I've seen it hose system files....

Froghead

So far this week we've had to remove/disable McAfee Clinic or Virusscan from customers computers at least five times. McAfee either caused problems or failed to detect a virus.
    Install NAV on every one which found viruses and then I give the customer the option of me leaving it on and they purchase it or I remove it. Surprisingly a couple of them said "No way I have McAfee" I reply "No problem, I'll remove NAV, but if your McAfee was working your computer wouldn't be here would it?" The bottom line is that without weekly updates and full system scans it doesn't matter what you use. NAV's LiveUpdate makes it pretty simple for the average user. I also tell everyone that asks that when you get a virus do not depend on any AV program to automatically repair/fix/dlete the virus/worm. You must go to the website of your AV software and find out all you can about the virus. I've found that SARC - Symantec Antivirus Research Centre is an excellent resource. So many viruses make changes to your system that simply eradicating the virus doesn't fix the problems anymore. You've got to find out what damage the virus may have done before you can properly repair the damage and manual removal is often the best and only way. Go with NAV 2001/2

------------------
    What I know about computers would fill volumes - what I don't know would fill a wharehouse.

repoman

Thanks for all your input!!!

------------------
    I thought l had seen it all, till the next customer walked in!

Check out also DrWeb antivirus from http://www.sald.com

You can try downloadable demo before buying it...