[RESOLVED] A-O-*ELL 7!

Thread: [RESOLVED] A-O-*ELL 7!

joelen

Resolved [RESOLVED] A-O-*ELL 7!

Just saw that AOL 7 has been released....
    As our company deals with a lot of users who INSIST on installing the latest vesion of AOL, even after being told NO NO NO! Has anyone messed around with it? what are some common things to look for as far as system problems that it causes, etc....?

Thanks...

Joe

------------------
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

emr

Don't touch it myself so I can't help you other than directing you to this rather lengthy post started at the beginning of the month. It's about AOL 6 in general but I think but you should find some valuable info.

http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...ML/007026.html

Hope this helps,

emr

PJPilate

As an AOL beta tester, I can assure you that this is not the greatest version of AOL. Think AOL 5.0 with 2 coats of paint (ie v6 and v7). It doesnt really add that much funcationalty, other than trying to take over your entire system's internet settings. AOL 7 also does that little customization where it does "Internet Explorer provided by America Online" and the little AOL logo spinning around.

ilovetheusers

Nope and I wouldn't go with aohell if it was the only way to get internet.

When we get people with this we make them uninstall it, redoo all of the network settings and make surethey do with me on the phone. If a machine comes in with aohell it gets reimaged without question.

The staff of aohell are all a bunch of satan worshiping baby eaters. Nuff said.

------------------
    now type format c: and press enter and you will never have a pc problem ever again...

kubrick

Thumbs up

Kick A$$!!!

More service money!

Format/reload!!

------------------
    Calculating free space (this may take several minutes)...

The most common problem, by far, is it's AOL!

------------------
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

Hearing rumors that AOL 7.0 is required for XP machines. Seems like AOL 6.0 lets a person call out 3 times then will not let you connect again. Anyone experienced this?

PJPilate

You are semi-correct with the 3x then no more. I have XP Professional, and it popped up that I needed an update to the AOL 6.0 software to install, it DID say that I wouldn't be allowed back onto the service without the update, so it updated the AOL 6.0, but didnt install 7.0. I also tested the 3x and no more connection, that is right. It wouldnt let me back on, but if I waited for 10-15 minutes, it would and give the same "You must update this version of AOL 6.0"

Jpbtennisman

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by swamprat:
    Hearing rumors that AOL 7.0 is required for XP machines. Seems like AOL 6.0 lets a person call out 3 times then will not let you connect again. Anyone experienced this?

</font>
    I've got XP here...no AOL required (thank God)

------------------
    If I have recommended equipment for you and did not supply a price..search for it on www.pricewatch.com

America Rules!

My goal is to help YOU

Antec SX840, AMD Athlon 1400@1584 STABLE, Epox 8K7A+, IBM 60GXP 40GB, 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM, Plextor 16x10x40, Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8x8x24 Firewire CD-RW, Maxtor 80GB external Firewire hard drive, ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 32MB DDR, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Realtek NIC (blech), 1394 card, Thermalright Sk6 with Thermaltake 31cfm