[RESOLVED] Microphone doesn't record

Thread: [RESOLVED] Microphone doesn't record

Web Master

Resolved [RESOLVED] Microphone doesn't record

Ok, strange problem. I have tried 2 different Sound Cards (SB 16 and Montego) and tried 2 different Microphones (sony and Labtec). The problem is the computer won't record sound, I can hear my voice thru the Microphone but the computer can't transmit it via the netmeeting or Microsoft Sound Recorder. I have all the mute boxes unchecked and I set it to view all Volume Controls ( 9 of them) all the volume levels are all maxed out and still no luck. Any hints would be great. Thanks

------------------
    "Jay Son of Jay, Son of Jay, Son Jay, Son of Jay, Son of Jay Son"
    Please Repeat for 5 minutes, Thanks Jason

ibennetch

You say you have the mute buttons un-checked, but I'm wondering if went to Options => Properties and click on Record (then hit OK). this brings up the record volume controls which affect the sound going in to most apps, whereas the initial screen (playback) only affects what you hear.

Web Master

I have all the Mute Buttons unchecked in the Recording options also. Any other ideas?

------------------

Web Master

Bump

------------------

PSJ

Hello Web Master, You may want to open up the Control Panel and then open up Multimedia and then Click the Audio Tab and look at the Prefered Devices for Recording and Playback and also Click the Advanced properties and make sure you are using the items you need to. I was also wondering if the Tuning Wizard inside Netmeeting was working? Hope this helps! Let us know one way or the other. PSJ