Backup exec: unable to start server service

Thread: Backup exec: unable to start server service

Unhappy Backup exec: unable to start server service

I am running Backup Exec version 7, on an NT4 Server. I am unable to start the server service(Could not start the backup exec 7.0 server service, error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start). Looking in event viewer I find that the other services failed to start due to a failed logon. I cannot get into the Backup exec software because it serches for a backup server right away and if one is not found it will either keep serching or exit. Any ideas?

------------------

Did you change any passwords lately? If your change the password of the account that Backup Exec uses to logon then the service can't start.

In Control Panel - Services look at the Startup options for each of the Backup Exec services. Make sure the account listed is valid, is a backup operator and is using the correct password.

Let me know if this helps...

Cool

Thank You for the help, I did change the password, and that is what I thought the problem was. I just could not remember where to change the passwords for the services. Once again thaks for your help.

------------------