Logging onto Exchange

Thread: Logging onto Exchange

Post Logging onto Exchange

got a 98 machine here with outlook 97. on an NT domain. the user's password is blank. the computer logs onto the domain, but when she opens outlook, it asks for the exchange password. if you leave it blank and press ok, then it goes in fine. How do I get rid of this step? thanks.

Here where I work, I've only seen that on machines that dont log on to the network, and just hit cancel. also, be sure it it authenticating into the exchange with NT authentication.

when i first got called in to look at this, that's what I thought too. But it's not the case. There seems to be some weird security issue on this machine.

As a matter of fact, at the same time this password thing started happening (it used to not do this), the user stopped being able to print to a printer shared from another 98 machine. If you try to map the printer port to say, lpt2, it says:

Error 5: You do not currently have access to this file. The file may be marked read-only, or it may be part of a shared resource such as a folder, a named pipe, a queue, or a semaphore. You can use the ATTRIB command to change the read-only attribute, or try again later when the file may be available.

Then it prompts me for a password.

Seems like the same problem to me.

Try re-setting the account password, synchronise the entire domain, restart the workstation via complete shutdown and then have the user logon.
    I used to get this sort of thing once in a blue moon when we were still on NT4. The above steps sorted it out most of the time.
    http://200.201.133.13/acendabr/desenhos/g/irbaboon.jpg
    Weasel not want admin have own planet and be in charge.
    Why NOT sometimes I.R. have planet somewhere?!

thanks for the suggestions. after trying a bunch of different things, i tried something i maybe should've done earlier: remove tcp/ip and reinstall it. that did the trick.