Ever gotten the run-around from a tech company? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ever gotten the run-around from a tech company?

Most retailer will rip you off. If you go to CompUSA and special order a part, they jack the price up %40-%100. Thats the problem nowadays with bestbuy and compusa, they have quotas and receive pressure but they dont make commission. At least at circuit city they dont want to see you again unless your buying more stuff so they are more likely to give you better product/deal/etc.

anyhow, those shows are cool and suck at the same time. This one i went to in philly rocked. some asian was selling mod chips which i never seen before. alotta selection. But then theres the guys like the asians/russians/indians. I dont trust em. not that i'm prejeduce but because i've been burned by them too many times. One russian guy was in some kinda mob. everything was stolen.
    Those who say dont know, and those who know dont say

I used to get bad tech support all the time. Now when the phone tech start saying that he cannot fix the problem because of something I did, I ask for his supervisor. If he doesn't help, I ask for his supervisor. Eventualy you will get someone that will help.

carrienscott

Red face

i'd report them to the better business bureau

I usually turn them over to the legal department at work.

If it's me personally, I burn them every way possible. Last year I bought a hard drive from a Yahoo auction. I ranted and raved for a month, "Yeah, I'm shipping it out today I'll email the tracking number" which never was put in UPS or FedEx. I finally got his home address and had booked a flight and everything to go out there and bust my foot off in his *** , when the drive finally showed up. No appologies, no nothing.

Just goes to prove the old adage : Caviat Emptor - let the buyer beware...

Use every means possible to let their potential customers know how you were treated. Hell, even contact their customers if possible. You put enough heat on these people and they eventually buckle...

Kenny P.

[quote]Originally posted by Shard92:
    <strong>The place I work has had some problems like that, "Oh, I'm sorry we no longer ship out of Minneapolis or Chicago it goes out from Texas, sorry it took those couple of extra days!!"

I also got the run around from a warranty company on a family members laptop. I ended up talking to 4 or 5 different techs over the course of 4 or 5 hours. Their final result, "Sir I guess you'll have to send it in. "

" Thank you that's what I've been telling you for the last 5 hours! The modem is shot this is the second one you will have replaced! It's not software, I AM a tech you know."

GLSmith</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm sure you are a tech, but if you heard "I'M A TECH" from as many people as those guy's do, when a lot of them just claim to be a TECH because they changed their CDROM drive once, you'd be skeptical also. I understand tech supports a pain, but sometimes its a pain for them too. Just an observation.

I had a customer phone me today with a problem. He has an HP MFD and he scans a typed document into Word 2000. Not knowing any different he thinks he can now add more pages an edit his "recollections" with MS Word. It's not working so he phones HP.

Tech #1 says take it off the parallel port, go out and buy a USB cable. ???

Next day he phones HP again.

Tech #2 says make sure you have a IEEE1284 cable and that the printer port is set to ECP. ???

Later that day he calls me.

"Did HP supply any OCR software with the MFD" I ask?
    "Ahh... I don't know, what's that?." he replies.
    "Well bring your manual and disks and I'll have a look."

Obviuosly he has none so here's my question. Can anyone recommend a downloadable trial version or shareware OCR software he can use. I only know of Textbridge and OmiPage which are pricey for a one time use. He has but a few pages to scan in and then he won't need it anymore as he'll type in the rest of his life story.
    What I know about computers would fill volumes - what I don't know would fill a wharehouse.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

If I'm not going trade for whatever reason, I buy locally. I've only had a problem once, and I solved that quite easily, I walked through the shop, into the manager's office, stuck my knife in his desk and told him what I wanted, no problemo
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up