Network Card Problem

Thread: Network Card Problem

Post Network Card Problem

I have tried to install at least 5 different brand cards and keep getting the following error: Your Network Adapter 3Com Etherlink 10 PCI TPO NIC(3c900B-TPO)(0001) is not working properly. You may need to set it up again. For more info, see Network Troubleshooter in Windows Help. The adapter name in the error changes to which ever card is in the machine. I have reinstalled Dial Up Networking, TCP-IP, I've deleted all the network settings. Any info on this message please inform, Thanks Jason
    Milkstache, what's that ?

Are you getting a hardware confict? I have had irq/resource problems like this. Especially in machines like HP Pavilions with lots of built in hardware. Try forcing the card to a different irq/memory setting either in the bios or device manager. If that doesn't help, try removing some other hardware, as a test.

Just my 2 cents.

3fingersalute

Maybe try a different PCI slot?....I've seen that exact same error before, but it was always either wrong drivers, or replacing ith with another card would fix it.

------------------
    WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TODAY?......Not that it matters, because Micrsoft will crash on the way there!!!

tregee

Question

Ok you tried 5 different brand cards but still get a 3com error? Is there an on-board card. If this is the case then on-board cards usaully have to be disabled on the mb by way of jumpers before another card can be used. Little more info needed...