tweakui? or some information to help?

Thread: tweakui? or some information to help?

Question tweakui? or some information to help?

On shutdown I get the message that mmtask.tsk in c:\windows\system has caused a an error... on a HP. Closing the error message produces a good honest shutdown. The files properties are multimedia background task support module. Also a conflict with atl.dll is reported I have taken both out and could return or had to return atl.dll. atl.dll is atl module for windows (ansi). For a shutdown without error I have to keep the file mmtask.tsk out and have no closing sounds.
    I put it back after a week to see, if i could work it out and it shutdown fine the first time then the error returned. I am thinking tweakui might be helpful.

Can someone tell me also if it is possible that a key code is messed up.. and is there someway to restore these....they should be held firm in the bios but i have had the experience before with errors ........

okeey (pronounced oh key) thank you in advance.

[This message has been edited by physjcirl (edited November 03, 2000).]

try uninstalling/reinstalling multimedia
    and no i don't think you need tweakui to address this problem

[This message has been edited by Weazel (edited November 02, 2000).]
    #3 1951-2001

Arrow

Does this mean remove the program for my multimedia keyboard ... or do you think the folder in my developers code is messing with me........in chapter 37 there is a folder multimedia..i don't see any listings for just a folder .. or programing for multimedia. .. except the keyboard and this also brings me back to the question regarding key codes....

oakey i see in windows set up...... it is possible to remove multimedia i removed it then i turned right around and i added it...i hope this is the answer late at night on a shut down when i am tired i don't check everything and i wake up with and error message rather than a shut down ..may be shockwave or flash has been causing this..or something else ....

Red face

Okay it didn't work i did as you had suggested and tried to both retain very new shockwave files and flash files, then i chose to overwrite these new files to no avail the reinstall did not help either way i tried it. i used the following commands suggested to "reload" ansi extended character set for 101 key keyboard and the conflict still exists:
    added in config.sys
    c:\windows\command\ANSI.SYS /X
    and rem tshooter:line appeared i removed my line and eventually rem tshooter line disappeared.. . the error still exist there must be something wrong with mmtask.tsk ...any suggestions anyone? Anyone see what I am doing ? ohkeey maybe a good site to try to find a mmtask.tsk i could play with and replace this one ..with?

[This message has been edited by physjcirl (edited November 04, 2000).]

Cool

wos it physjcirl 001 not right ..just would like to resolve this error on shut down i will eventually post the whole error message for complete information where i stand on trying to resolve this....

i guess you could try extracting a new copy of mmtask.tsk from the windows cd...though reading through all the posts i'm not really sure whether this will help or not. as far as the rest of what your doing goes i'm at a loss...sorry
    #3 1951-2001

Question

trying to alleviate myself from error message on shutdown ... which indicated there is a conflict from mmtask.tsk and atl.dll is what i was trying to do.. i find no errors in the ansi extended character set and do not feel that mmtask.tsk is corrupted anymore .. that is where i stand.for now...

[This message has been edited by physjcirl (edited November 06, 2000).]

Question

The error message that I get on shutdown is:
    MMTASK
    This program has performed and illegal operation and will be shutdown.
    Under detatils I see the following message:
    MMTASK.TSK caused and exception C06d007eH in module ATL.DLL at 015f:5f3e9493.

Reinstall of multimedia did not help and I reloaded ansi extended character set, the message appears only on shutdown and prevents and honest shutdown till the error message is closed.

Somewhere in the registry (HKEY_Local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\cur rent_version\runservice(s) I think there is a link to mstask.
    It's microsofts Taskmanager.. that runs down by the clock. Try removing this key. Or press CTRL+DEL, and close mstask. Then try your shutdown. This is probably too late, judging by the date, but heck, I'm bored!

------------------
    A General Protection Error has occured - Time to go home...
    A General Protection Error has occured - Time to go home...

Not mstask, but mmtask.
    Try reassigning a new sound to your system shutdown, or add, then remove a theme.

------------------
    Who needs a life, I have Internet!
    Jim & Sue's Free Files | Jim's Modems
    Who needs a life, I have Internet! <a href="http://members.cnx.net/reboot/" target="_blank">Jim & Sue's Free Files</a> | <a href="http://reboot.8m.com" target="_blank">Jim's Modems</a> | [email protected]