Which monitor is best bang for the bucks???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which monitor is best bang for the bucks???

Question Which monitor is best bang for the bucks???

Just a quick question. Which monitor do you all think is the best bang for the buck. I like the Viewsonic for the clarity and low DP options but what else might I look at before making my decision.
    Thanks,

Rick
    Network Administrator
    MCSE
    http://www.dcinh.com

I personally can't stand anything with a Trinitron tube. They have some of the clearest pictures, however it is those two black lines across the screen I can't stand! I am OK with them on a TV, because I sit much farther away, but on a monitor within 24 inches from my face, my eyes actually fixate on the lines!

Almost every brand carries a Trinitron tube in some, or all of their models; I can't make any recommendations. I just needed to rant about the experience.

I use an LG flatscreen at home, Dell at work, and most all my users have Daytek (Daewoo). All of these have comparable qualities to the ViewSonic in my opinion. It's all a matter of taste really and how easy it is to warranty them. Most everyone will have different opinions about different monitors. Good luck on your hunt!
    Life is short - Eat dessert first! mmmm... cake

We carry several manufactures at our store and I'd say that Samsung is the best for the money.
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

[quote] I personally can't stand anything with a Trinitron tube. They have some of the clearest pictures, however it is those two black lines across the screen I can't stand! I am OK with them on a TV, because I sit much farther away, but on a monitor within 24 inches from my face, my eyes actually fixate on the lines! <hr></blockquote>

I made my HW Vendor take back 20 KDS monitors because they had those stupid black lines through them. Not doing that again. IF you spend any time looking at your screen, they'll drive you nuts.

19" KDS FD trinitron - Love it to death and 3 people I know have one (I was 2nd to get one )

Just get 3 things...
    1. Trinitron, period, do not make an exception.
    2. FD - aka flat trinitron.
    3. 3yr warantte (sp)

KDS comes with a full 3yr deal and if the monitor goes in the first 30 days, they'll pay next day shipping both ways, just keep the box!!!

I remember reading a report about LG monitors having an excellent price to quality ratio.

I'm not fond of Trinitron tubes either...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Phillips for bang for buck...
    But if your after the best...
    Samsung I think
    "If life gives you poop, Make poop juice" - Bug eye'd Earl (redmeat.com)
    Gentoo, a Linux Gamers best friend!

[quote]Originally posted by Fubarian:
    <strong>19" KDS FD trinitron - Love it to death and 3 people I know have one (I was 2nd to get one )

Just get 3 things...
    1. Trinitron, period, do not make an exception.
    2. FD - aka flat trinitron.
    3. 3yr warantte (sp)

KDS comes with a full 3yr deal and if the monitor goes in the first 30 days, they'll pay next day shipping both ways, just keep the box!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL!!
    I haven't confirmed it yet, but I got a memo from a vender that KDS has filed bankruptcy.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

Belinea - Cheap, good, 3yr OSW.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Thumbs up

LG Flatron 795PLUS - BEST For Value.
    Good Picture with no Dump-Wires

Though they should've put the USB Ports in the front... RANT
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

Best bang for buck on monitor..... I have always said that Monitors are something that you should never scrimp on as this is the part that you are going to spend the most time looking at!!!

You can't go wrong with Iiyama or CTX for both quality , pricing & reliability. Eizo are also very good, but a little more than some of the others, but the picture clarity is first class.

For the Trinitron comments, I am using a 20" Eizo with a trinitron tube and the wires than span the horizontal are barely noticable!!!!!!
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Have to second Darren's CTX recommendation. I've got one from 8 years ago, was still running strong except it just needs a replacement cable...i might order one if i am going dual-monitor

Samsungs are good but the 17" flat series I tried and they really sucked. just my opinion.

also look at the Envisions if you are on a budget.

Trinitrons are great if you get one from a good manufacturer. I've seen Dell monitors which are rebranded Sonys have a thick aperature grill line at the top and bottom...then there's my Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 91 19" Diamondtron...cannot notice the aperature grill lines, the flat screen reduces glare (which is more annoying than visible aperature grill lines anyway) and produces a very crisp picture. For the money ($400 + free shipping) I was sad that I went with the 19" and not the 21". the $700 for the 21" would have been sooooo worth it.

Anyway, I'd go with something Mitsubishi/NEC in a flat screen. That's flat screen...flat PANEL are too expensive, look fugly and overall not as sharp as a good quality CRT...

By the way, does anyone think that WinDrivers are sellouts for charging a subscription...information (including free drivers) should be free. Dam sellouts, you Windrivers!!!!!!
    Soltek SL-85ERV, Pentium 4 2.25 GHz @ 3.1 GHz, with the aid of a Swiftech Mx4000 heatsink + 80mm Delta SHE fan, 512 MB Corsair XMS 3200 DDR, dual IBM 120GXP 40GB HDDs in Raid 0, dual WD200 20 GB HDDs in Raid 0, Asus 16X DVD, HP 9340i CDRW, Nakamichi 16X 5 disc minichanger, VisionTek GeForce 4 Ti4600, Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI PCI, Mitsubishi DiamondPro 91, WinXP Pro, RUNS LIKE A DREAM!!!!!

"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...come again?"

Sparky625.NET

Question

Why in the name of silliness has nobody mentioned <a href="http://www.corimage.com" target="_blank">Cornerstone</a>?!?

You can't beat .22 with a stick, and they've got reasonable prices as far as I've seen. Maybe not the buck-bangiest, but still quite good.