Search of forums

Thread: Search of forums

Question Search of forums

I am trying to do a search of the forums and the search engine is asking for a member number, no clue what that is.
    Thanks
    Where's that smoke coming from ?

I'm pretty sure your member # is 3690...its under your name
    #3 1951-2001

Cool

when the UBB software was upgraded from v5 to v6, the ability to have "displayed names" which differed from your login name, was introduced. This is fine and dandy, but that created a new problem: how do you tell "who's who?" The solution to that is the member number. Everyone has one, and you can find out what it is by looking at somebody's post or profile.

In the search options, entering a member number is optional. So don't worry about it.

[quote]Originally posted by CrtlAltDel:
    <strong>I am trying to do a search of the forums and the search engine is asking for a member number, no clue what that is.
    Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, as Mac said, You only need to put in someone's member number if you want to see the posts they've made on the particular subject that you're searching for. That was a long sentence.
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

Member # should be an option not mandatory though sometimes we don't want posts from just the one member maybe 2 or more or all.

this topic should move to Comments and suggestions.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Yea I see the member number there under my name, but I didn't see it on my profile page.
    So I don't need it to do a search
    Thanks
    Where's that smoke coming from ?

Has anyone else had problems using the Search function lately? I find that i if search in just one forum, then it doesn't find any match, even if i know the match exists. I tried searching for the word 'recover' which i know exists in a message i placed in the Tech2Tech forum a couple of weeks ago. It didnt find any matches even though my message and the topic still exists.

If i search in all open forums, it searches the first few, then i get the message

"Invalid input! One or more items submitted in the form are not in the proper format. "

That was searching for 'recover', Match all search terms, Search all OPen Forums, Entire Message, Any Date, Member Number left blank.

Anyone else get this?
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook

Moving topic to Comments and Suggestions:

<a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000587" target="_blank">http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000587</a>
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."