[RESOLVED] your opinion on motherboards

Thread: [RESOLVED] your opinion on motherboards

gartmajo

Post your opinion on motherboards

im looking to buy a 1Gz Athlon, and i was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions and why, on a mother board for this processor? im going to be running win2k. what are your opinions?

------------------
    "imagination is more important that knowledge. knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." - albert einstien

Rocinante

are you looking to over clock.

If yes, the Asus A7V or the Abit KT7 are great boards. The Soyo KT7TA-B has surprised me in its stabaility in Windows2000. The A7V has a fantastic IDE setup, 2x ATA100 and 2x ATA66, so you can hang 8 devices from the IDE if you really need too. Later Bios release's for the A7V have given alot of stability to the mobo that it lacked initially. A7V Setup is extreamly simple, it also has 5 USB ports standard.

I hope this helps

------------------
    on tonights menu - special fried bios

gartmajo

Smile

that is very groovy to hear

------------------
    "imagination is more important that knowledge. knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." - albert einstien

gartmajo

not overclocking though i dont think, im not sure yet.

------------------

Both Asus A7V and Abit KT7 are great mobos.
    I'd choose one between these two.

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." - Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Ditto. I initially had some problems with the A7V, but after BIOS upgrades, it works fine. Just make sure your do any upgrades prior to installing the OS.

Rocinante

good point Nighthand

------------------
    on tonights menu - special fried bios

splint

A7V is a very stable board . Before doing anything make sure you have the latest Bios . Get the latest VIA 4in1 Driver and the latest Promise ATA 100 driver . With the A7V and it's 4 ATA 100 and 4 ATA 66 you have 4 masters and that is very important when adding DVD, CDRW ect.

gartmajo

thanks alot i guess it will be the A7V for now, does anyone suggest a vendor?

------------------