I really think this depends on the location of your business, competition, and what your cusomers are willing to pay. We get $50 per hr for most work, including networks, which seems unbearably cheap after 7 years in this business! We live in a rural area. Hardly anybody at a regular job here makes more than $9.00 per hour. And even most small businesses are making a marginal living.

Actually, for about a year we tried $75 per hour. Most of the customers went to the NOT SO experts undercutting us. Most of these customers never did get that the other guys take $35.00 per hour times 4 hours = $140.00, verses we take $75 per hour for 1 hour = $75.00 still makes us cheaper.

So we went back to $50.00 per hour, and seem to have re-acquired most of the customers. I'd rather work 6 hours a day for $300.00 than 2 hours for $150.00. Eventually we may try to bump it back up to $60.00 or $65.00 per hour. But I'm going to make sure the customers are solid with us first. It would be nice if all of us could get the same rates, but business and cost of living are different everywhere.