Deskjet 632c misfeeds, won't ink pages

Thread: Deskjet 632c misfeeds, won't ink pages

Post Deskjet 632c misfeeds, won't ink pages

Hello
    I have a Deskjet 632c that improperly feeds paper (1.5 pages at a time) and won't put a drop of ink on the page. Do I need a PCB and how can I get one without going to HP (100+$; I don't think so!). Printerworks.com has nothing for this model. I love the printer and badly want to fix it.
    Thanks
    Ken

Exclamation

Go here for <a href="http://outfield.external.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=modsrch&template=main&prodsrch=DESKJE T+632C&partsrch=" target="_blank">Parts Breakdown for your DeskJet</a>. Click on "List All Parts."

Usually, when you have paper feed problems, you replace the Paper Pickup Rollers and the Separation Pad. Unfortunately, the above link does not list those individual parts. It does say that you can get a refurbished one for $170.

Also, read up on <a href="http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=hpdeskjet628121&LC=printers&Tfile=b pd02989" target="_blank">HP Deskjet 600 Series and HP Deskwriter 600 Series Printers - Paper Feed Problems</a>. It has some good steps to follow...

As for no ink coming out at all, make sure that you have removed the shipping tapes from the cartridges before inserting them.

Good Luck!
    Don
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

On the HP desk jets, if you clen the rollers with "rubber renew" avlible a your drug store, roller function can be restored. this should save you losts of $$$ as far as not inking clean the nozzels, & check for gunk. the print heads mite just be empty, or dried out.
    Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor writen by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.

kturnerga

Will try alternate ink carts. Just wonder why it feeds a whole page then part of another page? I have my settings on the LPT port right. Hmmm...
    If this fails would you suspect a bad pcb or bad cart holder? Would hope it is a part cheaply replaced.
    Ken