Double clicking hard drive in windows???

Thread: Double clicking hard drive in windows???

Question Double clicking hard drive in windows???

When i double click my computer it brings up my computer, when i then double click the C: it brings up the find menu??? If i right click the c: it shows me my options as to what i want to do. The one that says find... is highlighted like it's the default command when i double click the c:???

I have no clue about this problem. Anyhelp would be great. There is no tweaking program on the computer either, like I Tweak U or winboost...none of that.

Please help its annoying...I cant figure out why their machine does this.

Thanks in advance,

Mr. T is going BIG Styles
    Hannibal Smith and Howlin Mad Murdock really do love Mr. T!

go under folder options, depending on what os your running depends on how you get there....on the file types tab click drive then edit if find is in bold then its the default, if its not click on find then set default then set default again to remove it as the default....i'm assuming your running 98 as its different in other os's.
    you can also go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DRIVE\SHELL and clear the default value

technet - Q226476
    #3 1951-2001

i have a solution... may you were triple clicking it... like what you did to the sub button when creating this topic......

actully it sounds like a weird registry issue... have you tried scanreg /fix from the command line??
    <Requires windows 98 >

also i would try to remove the hard drives from the device manager .... if that dont work you may want to delete this key from the registy

hkey local machine\enum\mf

thats your hard drive controllers, itll reinstall all the hard drive controller stuff and possibly fix the issue
    Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!