[RESOLVED] Anyone know of good books for updating to Win2k from an NT4 MCP?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Anyone know of good books for updating to Win2k from an NT4 MCP?

rscos

Talking Anyone know of good books for updating to Win2k from an NT4 MCP?

I studied for my Nt4 MCPs using, firstly the MS Official Curriculum (and failed) then a mixture of Sybex and Syngress books plus certificationhelp.com (and passed easily).
    Does anyone know if the MOC has been improved for Win2K or if there are better study materials out there

------------------
    rscos (MCP)
    "Sometimes, I think the gene pool could have used a little chlorine."

IT Len

I think you'll find that people will still recommend Sybex, I used them and they will really teach you W2K Pro, but I also recommend the Global Knowledge Certification Press book, "Windows 2000 Certification Headstart." Very readable, great study aid, and all in one book. Bookpool.com carries them. [MOC should still be read and absorbed, but it almost seems like they're daring you to try and absorb it all their way...or else. Still not user friendly]

[This message has been edited by IT Len (edited January 08, 2001).]

exam cram books, then take a practice exam, see what you're lacking and find those answers in the sybex books, you can get books cheap from lcis.booksonline.com
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

ive been having good susses with the MOc and corolis exam cram. am going to try the dumies books for TCP/IP.
    Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor writen by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.

UsePost2000

I am working with the MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum) book Win2000 Adv Upgrd 70-240. Many people already certified have recommended this book for its extensive documentation. It goes over the 4 core exams separately and it fairly huge. Get this if you not only want to pass the test, but get great excersizes and LEARN the OS.
    Great functional knowledge. If you want a kwik read..get an exam cram and read New Riders version. The test will test everything you can think of and 4 times more..