[RESOLVED] need advice

Thread: [RESOLVED] need advice

leed

Resolved [RESOLVED] need advice

Has anyone used micro scope 2000? Is it any better than quick tech? Is there any issues I should know about
    either? Any help would be very appreciated.

We purchased it a work. I've used it about 4-5 times. I was familiar with Troubleshooter & this seems to be better. I am not familiar with the other product you mentioned, so I can't offer a comparison. I do not know of any "issues" with it.

Buy it with the post card reader, if you can. The instructions refer to the specific card reader they include with the diagnostics. It also comes with loop back plugs. I was able to diagnose a "dead" system that had NO video. There are taps on the card to use a Multi-meter to measure voltage, or you can go by the LEDS on the card.

It uses a proprietary "operating system", that does not use Windows or DOS & operates at the hardware level. You can only make a limited number of diagnostic "boot disks". This is rigidly controlled by the software, so only make what you need & take really good care of the floppies.

One other piece of advice; the "price" direct from Micro Scope is "fluid", negotiate hard!

------------------
    Dave Sparks,
    Systems Support Analyst

[This message has been edited by TangleWeb (edited November 02, 2000).]