[RESOLVED] Anyone know whats going to happen to the MCSE2000 track when Whistler ships later thi

Thread: [RESOLVED] Anyone know whats going to happen to the MCSE2000 track when Whistler ships later thi

UsePost2000

Resolved [RESOLVED] Anyone know whats going to happen to the MCSE2000 track when Whistler ships later thi

Anyone know whats going to happen to the MCSE2000 track when Whistler ships later this year?

if im not mestaken Whislter is replacing Win ME, which will leave the MCSE tracks largly un affected. It had better, im getting realy tired of MS changin the rules on me!
    Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor writen by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.

UsePost2000

Exclamation

You are mistaken...look at this URL
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/whistler
    Windows Whistler Server, Advanced Server, and Datacenter Server and they are now talking about a home version...this is their updated OS replacing Win2000! (?)
    Will we have to upgrade to MCSE2001?
    Can anyone help relieve this anxiety?

IT Len

What I'm hearing from insiders is that MS is still going to try and converge the NT and 9x OS's into one. Whether or not that's a smart, useful or necessary thing to do, I'll let wiser heads decide. But, I really can't believe that Whistler is going to be SO different that another version of MCSE is going to come out with it. I'm hoping it'll be an upgrade course add-on ....but, I have this image of MS sitting back, wondering how much more money they can make from us by forcing an entire MCSE track change. For example, locally, it's almost impossible to buy W98 anymore. Although I'm a fan of both ME [home system] and W2K Pro [at work], MS has decided to push ME on the public, ready or not. NT4 is being forced out of existance. Never underestimate what people will make you do to increase their revenues! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against making money, but the sheer number of various upgrades and the unusually short time between them make me a little suspicious.