[RESOLVED] More AOL BS

Thread: [RESOLVED] More AOL BS

Llanelli

Post More AOL BS

Here's another GREAT one in the long line of AOL BS they tell their customers:

I have a customer who had recently moved to a new house, taking their CPU with them, of course. Once they got moved and set it up, they were unable to connect to AOL. They called AOL tech support, and went through the usual BS. Then the AOL "technician" had them go to Device Manager and look at the modem to see if it was listed, and what kind of modem it was. Being an ISA modem, it was setup as a Standard Modem. The AOL Tech brilliantly said, "Well there's your problem, AOL 6.0 only works with newer V.90 modems, not Standard, generic ones" What a crock.... The real problem? Phone cord plugged into wrong hole on the back...

Of course I took about 10 Mins of abuse for selling this person a STANDARD MODEM before we found the real culprit.

cniles

Gotta love that AOL. I hate it when they will believe anything the AOL techs feed them. Right away it's our fault. I had a customer yellng at me that his speakers wouldn't work after he moved his computer and "How could I sell him such bad spekaers!" After 20 minutes I finally convinced him to check the connection. They pluged into the wrong port. I'm with ya man!