Data recovery, possible in Access/Act/other programs

Thread: Data recovery, possible in Access/Act/other programs

Post Data recovery, possible in Access/Act/other programs

Hi,
    A user using Access 97 deleted almost half of her records within Access. She was prompted with the Are you sure? but ignored that and chose YES. She does not backup in any way! (Why? D/K but bet ya $100 she will start atleast occasionally backing up).
    So I know there are utilities that can be used to recover deleted data as long as it is not "written" over (On a side: Would best advice be after someone does accidentally delete something to SHUT DOWN COMPUTER IMMEDIATELY????)BUT since these were records that were deleted from within a program thus the records were within a file .mdb are these records gone forever?
    If not how would they be restored? I think DTI data claims it can recover when deleted from within a program but DOES IT REALLY work, esp. in this case of Access.

I would say the records are GONE since the file that houses the data is still on the harddrive thus it was only altered when the records were deleted; making the only way to recover the records possible would be having a backup which she did not have.

Anyway thought I'd ask to see if someone knew of a way. Looking for Real life results.

Thanks.
    "Good music makes you want to dance and kiss your girlfriend. Great music makes you want to riot and kill...."- Tom Morello, Rage Against the Machine

Given the situation I think that the data is probably gone.
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

whats the chance there's an auto-saved file somewhere? Dont know enough about access to help more sorry.
    "I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire.

There is a program you could possibly try called Tiramisu. I have had some success with this even on drives that had been overwrote. Good Luck.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!