Bad online purchase - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bad online purchase

[quote]Originally posted by <a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum1/noncgi/avatars/Scuba_Face.gif:" target="_blank">http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum1/noncgi/avatars/Scuba_Face.gif:</a>
    <strong>Patience grasshopper.

What form of shipping did you use? The website lists 2-3 days to process the order (get it ready to ship) and then it gets to the delivery company. If you went with UPS ground, you'll get it when they are good and ready to get it to you (they don't have a set number of days to get it to you).

I made the mistake of ordering a motherboard with UPS ground and got it two weeks after date of order.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey now! We are stepping on toes now! I happen to work at UPS. Anyhow. There could be several reasons for the delay. (Many not UPS's fault, but I will admit they are not free from blame all the time) 1. Package may have been mislabeled which causes delay. Also if the package has the wrong weight, this is a cause for the wait.

UPS might mis-sort, damage or just lose your package. Hey these things happen. But as for the people not having a telephone rep to talk to this makes me suspicious. Everyone has been ripped off online or will be sometime in their lives. Just make sure you are buying from a reputable company.
    (_|_) I AM EDITED BY WEBHEAD (_|_)

Thumbs down

i got shafted out of 45 bux by tucows for some software i ordered from them online. i will never pay another dime to them. phone calls, emails no response whatsoever. i cant believe their still in business. a friend of mine got done the same way by them. i tell everybody i meet to avoid them like the plague.
    what you dont know wont give you nearly as many problems as what you think you know...... THAT AINT RIGHT!..... TO PARAPHRASE WILL ROGERS

If you do a search on google.com for this company, you'll find them, and if you look at the CACHED version of the website, you will see that they HAVE moved to where they are now-- their OLD address is in Google.com's 'cached' websites. (for those of you who do not know, google keeps a lot of websites in their own cache to allow you to view sites that no longer exist)

Also, if you search the BBB.org database for companies that have had complaints filed against them, there is another company in Florida called TECH-M... lots of complaints--- hmmmm... i wonder if TechMIA was Tech-M in a past life?
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

Heh, that would be too conveinant joelen

I'm giving them one more week from today to get my stuff or respond before I shaft them back

I will be writing some mean reports about to some places if I get the stuff or not...
    ...I don't get it...

OMFG! I GOT A RESPONCE TODAY FROM TECHMIA!!! Here's what they said...
    [quote]Dear Customer,

Due recent events beyond our control we couldn't ship your order on time.

Your order will be shipped out during this week and the shipping method will be upgraded to a 2nd day shipping.

We thank you for your patience and apologize any inconvenient this problem may have caused you. <hr></blockquote>
    Well, that does make me feel better even though the last message I got from them states it was shipped! At least all I have to do now is fill out some negative forms!
    ...I don't get it...

[quote]Originally posted by dir/:
    <strong>

Hey now! We are stepping on toes now! I happen to work at UPS. Anyhow. There could be several reasons for the delay. (Many not UPS's fault, but I will admit they are not free from blame all the time) 1. Package may have been mislabeled which causes delay. Also if the package has the wrong weight, this is a cause for the wait.

UPS might mis-sort, damage or just lose your package. Hey these things happen. But as for the people not having a telephone rep to talk to this makes me suspicious. Everyone has been ripped off online or will be sometime in their lives. Just make sure you are buying from a reputable company.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well said! By the way, which UPS facility do you work in? I'm in the Grand Rapids hub.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

If my shipment is MIA = Payment and good will becomes MIA

If you are not a reseller or a business stick with well known retailers. A couple of bucks more but peace of mind is worth more. Resellers have distributors that take care of them. It is harder for a distributor with 4-5 warehouses to pick up and skip the state.
    I was here, here I was, was I here? I hope I was....

In conclusion...
    [code]Ref. Order# 10761

Dear Customer,

We couldn't ship your order as scheduled.

Your credit card are being refunded and your order canceled.

We apologize for any inconvenient.

TechMIA.com
    </pre><hr></blockquote>
    Shafted with a refund

BTW...nice grammer!
    ...I don't get it...