Gateway Astro 400 Problem

Thread: Gateway Astro 400 Problem

Red face Gateway Astro 400 Problem

Hey guys, I have this Gateway Astro 400 computer which is one of those all in one units (Monitor & Cpu all together) Anyways, the only ports on this system are usb. The keyboard is hooked into the rear usb port with the mouse connected to the keyboard usb port. When ever I shut down windows 98 and turn the computer back on, i loose my keyboard and mouse, but when I restart the computer, NOT SHUTDOWN, then I get them back. I get nothing, not even when the computer first comes on, so I know it is not a windows problem or even dos. It is like the the computer is not powering the usb devices quick enough. I have looked in the bios setup and there is no option concerning power or even usb ports. There is also no help on the gateway website for such a problem!! Please help - Thanks in advance for the help, Matt.

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

My niece had this same system. Try this site <a href="http://www.gateway.com/support/drivers/output.asp?curPlatform=Astro&curSystem=Not+Astro+S pecific&curCommodity=Keyboard&curOS=undefined&curM anufacturer=undefined&curBios=undefined&t" target="_blank">http://www.gateway.com/support/drivers/output.asp?curPlatform=Astro&curSystem=Not+Astro+S pecific&curCommodity=Keyboard&curOS=undefined&curM anufacturer=undefined&curBios=undefined&t</a> xtPartNumb=undefined . Also before she went to a bigger and better PC I did upgrade the PC to 8.4 gig HD and 256 meg PC100 SDRAM. It really isn't that hard.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Thanks for the tip, I am downloading the fix now, and will try it.
    Matt

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

Hey no problem. Let us know how it turns out.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.