Here is the clients problem. Friday, on a network, they ran MS Backup on a win98 box to backup a network drive. They created a backup called MYBACKUP.QIC it is 3 gig of files compressed to 1 gb.
The next morning, Sat., an employee ran an incremental backup called. . you guessed it MYBACKUP.
Thinking they had a good backup, the guy reformatted the server to setup mirrors etc.

Only when they tried to restore, they only saw a catalog for saturday and could only restore 2 meg of files. . the files that had changed between Fri, and Sat.

The deal is. . the backup file is STILL 1.1 GB which tells me that the files are there. . I just need to figure out how to recatalog the backup, or crack into it or something.

I tried using Backup exec. . but it only will work with w2k backups not 98.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, no matter how remote. . .They have a backup from the end of OCT, but the files they need are ones they busted butt onb the last 2 weeks and need desperately.

A reward is forthcoming to anyone with a solution! BTW, data recover off the old drive didn't work. . they had overwritten it. . .

Thanks a bunch. . any suggestion no matter how remote is welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!