HDD for dell inspiron 2500

Thread: HDD for dell inspiron 2500

Post HDD for dell inspiron 2500

Does anybody know if a 30GB will work in my inspiron 2500? I conntacted dell tech support and they said that it was only *rated* for a 20GB. What do you think? Would it work? Thanks.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

just hook it up and find out. only thing that will happen is it wont POST.

There are a lot of Inspiron 2500s, give us some exact specs. I don't see why a bigger drive wouldn't work.

Mine has a celery 800mhz 256mb RAM CD-RW 14.1" screen and a 10GB HDD. The reason why I don't just "hook it up" is because I haven't bought it yet. I don't want to buy something that I can't use and then go through all the headaches of returning it. It's just that for 20 bucks more I can get 10 more gigs (over the 20GB hard drive that I am looking at). Thanks for the input.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert