Help with drivers for Compaq Presario 2000 with Media GX 133 Processor (Yuck!)

Thread: Help with drivers for Compaq Presario 2000 with Media GX 133 Processor (Yuck!)

Unhappy Help with drivers for Compaq Presario 2000 with Media GX 133 Processor (Yuck!)

Asking for help again!

Compaq Presario 2000, 133 MHz Cyrix Media GX Processor, 32 MB RAM, clean install of Windows 98 SE.

Windows did not find the Integrated Video or modem. In 95 prior to the clean install of 98SE in Device Mangler, video was "Compaq QVision 2000\2000+ (MGA)" but it had a yellow exclamation. Modem was Compaq Presario 336-DF. Instruction on the Compaq site said to install the modem from the 98 CD. I did this & it actually had a driver called "Compaq Presario 336-DF", but when trying to load it, it warned "driver not written for device". I loaded it anyway, then it said files missing or corrupt.

When I went to the Compaq web site for that model all they had was sound, F10 Setup & an update for the Quantum Big Piece of Crap Hard Drive. I have no idea why they wouldn't list a driver for the video or the modem? They'd be happy to tell my by phone for $19.95 though!

Thanks Gurus!

------------------
    Dave Sparks,
    Systems Support Analyst

http://www.micro-wiz.com/336df56k.html the modem http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/4001.html

the vga drive "ought" to be on there somewhere, I could be wrong though. Good Luck

--------------------
    "Altruism is a disease of dogs, I prefer to trust honest greed."

"Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent