XP Home upgrade to XP Pro

Thread: XP Home upgrade to XP Pro

Post XP Home upgrade to XP Pro

I have a system that needs to logon to a domain and there is no option to do this in the Home version of XP. So I need to know what the procedure is to upgrade it to Pro, do I have to go out and spend $200 on the Pro version or is there a way to get a Home to Pro version. Thanks Jason

windows 98!!!! Just kidding! You sure there is not a way to log home onto a domain??
    **Time is fun when you are having flies. - Kermit the Frog**

[quote] You sure there is not a way to log home onto a domain?? <hr></blockquote>
    XP Home can be part of workgroup, no domain feature.

Yes XP home(retail) does qualify for an upgrade to XP Pro. As far as if you are asking if there is a "special price" because it is XP as far as I know the answer is No, you will have to treat it as any other upgrade (i.e. 98 to XP pro).
    "Good music makes you want to dance and kiss your girlfriend. Great music makes you want to riot and kill...."- Tom Morello, Rage Against the Machine

When XP first came out I heard that there was a Whoopps upgrade to XP home to XP pro. and the total price would be alittle more than if you just purchased the XP Pro upgrade. and I have not seen it yet so I think it was just a Joke.