[RESOLVED] HELP! I need to recover a quick formatted FAT32 partition...

Thread: [RESOLVED] HELP! I need to recover a quick formatted FAT32 partition...

Cyberwiz

Exclamation HELP! I need to recover a quick formatted FAT32 partition...

Help!!! I accidently quick formated the wrong drive. There was two hard drives in the system and the second one had the important data (mp3's) and the first hard drive was to be nuked and reloaded. Partition on the first hard drive was deleted and the system was rebooted and then I typed OFORMAT C: /Q without thinking...poof...too late...no more mp3's

Can anyone help me out on what program can rebuild the FAT tables and the MBR on a FAT32 partitioned hard drive.

Never try to reload a computer when you have been awake for 23 hours without any sleep...

Any program needs to be able to recover the fat table on a now unpartitioned hard drive. I saw a program called Repo2000 from www.datadepo.com... Any word on it's success rate? Thanks!

------------------
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Cyberwiz (edited February 27, 2001).]

evilcabbage

try a program called 'lost & found' its absolutely brilliant, and you can download a trial version for free.

Good luck.

------------------
    Its like shooting fish in a barrel, in the head, at point blank range, with an elephant gun.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by evilcabbage:
    try a program called 'lost & found' its absolutely brilliant, and you can download a trial version for free.

Good luck.

</font>

From where? Powerquest took it off their site.

------------------
    You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track,
    only to discover that you're on the wrong train.

Dale Earnhardt #3 (1951-2001)
    You will be missed!

kennethstarrfp

Talking

Sure it's a little itty bitty more work, but next time.

Remove C: drive completly from machine, set put extra drive that needs formating as C:, get disk that has been format a:/s, then put fdisk and format on it, boot using disk, fdisk or format drive, done, then put usual C: back in, and done. It's a bit more working but no more bye bye data. Try looking for data recovery services, sure you can't napster???

------------------
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Dude, no techie should be without an old, bootable DOS version of Norton UnFormat.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000

GHSTECH

Lightbulb

if the data is worth $90.00 or more go to www.ontrack.com/easyrecovery/ and download EasyRecovery Personal edition you can buy it right off their website for $89.00. i have recovered gigs of data with it. it will take a while to do it but, it will recover from just about anything.

[This message has been edited by GHSTECH (edited February 27, 2001).]

LegoZ 81

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GHSTECH:
    if the data is worth $90.00 or more go to www.ontrack.com/easyrecovery/ and download EasyRecovery Personal edition you can buy it right off their website for $89.00. i have recovered gigs of data with it. it will take a while to do it but, it will recover from just about anything.

This Program can even pull files from linux partitions in raw formats...
    I will be purchasing it if the trail works on my NTFS Dynamic disk in RAW mode... I can only hope....

ALSO if you Ctrl-C (ctrl-break) at the label prompt the format does not complete...

[This message has been edited by LegoZ 81 (edited February 27, 2001).]

Hi Everyone, can www.ontrack easyrecovery bring back a partition from a drive that was imaged by RIS and now the user of the information needs to get back data from the original partition? Thanks.