[RESOLVED] Viewing Works spreadsheet (*.wks) without Works

Thread: [RESOLVED] Viewing Works spreadsheet (*.wks) without Works

Ya_know

Resolved [RESOLVED] Viewing Works spreadsheet (*.wks) without Works

I have a file made in Works Spreadsheet, that I want to open with Excel, but can't. Is there a way to convert this file (without having works installed), or are there any viewers available, like the one for Powerpoint.

godofuq

You can download the Excel Viewer from cnet here - http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...t-7-1.3293644. I don't know, however, if it will open those worksheet files.

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

-Aplustech

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Thumbs up

Way cool, godofuq. I have the one for word, didn't know their was one for Excel.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

skironde

Yeah, Microsoft has a Addin in the Excel downloads section, that deals with that as well. I was able to Open .WKS in what appeared to be its entirety

Ya_know

Can someone point me in the direction of the add-in for excel, I just can't find it. all that i found so far was the excel viewer for people that don't have excel. I need one like this for works spreadsheet...

Thanks

Run the Office setup and add the text and graphics file convertors. Office 97 certainly supports Works 95 and Works 3 file types, dunno about Office 2000 or XP.

------------------
    I think I know just enough to know how much I don't know... I think...
    I think I know just enough to know how much I don't know... I think...

Ya_know

I hadn't checked there, because I typically install all components with exception to International support found in the office tools list in the setup. I checked now to make sure, and all converters and filters are installed. The only one refering to Works is for ver 4.0. Is it not possible to get use files from newer versions of works?

Again, I have it installed, perhaps I am too green here to know how to use it...