abit bh6, will it run fcpga chips?

Thread: abit bh6, will it run fcpga chips?

Arrow abit bh6, will it run fcpga chips?

Well, there's a whole lotta smart people here, so mabey someone will know.
    i have an abit bh6 board, the newest revision, cant remember the #s. newest bios,
    etc.
    what i need to know, is, with an adapter, what will this older slot one board run for cpu's? can i run a PIII socket 370, fcpga?
    what about the newer celerons?? I need to upgrade my cpu, and am loath to part with my trusty mobo.
    can you also suggest type of adapters, and brand names??

on a diffrent note, a friend has an older socket 370 board that says it will only go up to 533mhz, because after that the chips changed to fcpga, and are not compatible, could this be true? and if so, what are the diffrences in the chips to cause this. are there convertors availible for this problem as well??

well, thanks for your time, and g'night folks.

Red face

ok, i have posted a legitimate question, an NOBODY has posted a reply, what gives? i see people answering other people's really dumb questions,(no i will not give an example) but not one reply to my question. either nobody knows, or cares, or something.
    sorry to bitch but this is not the windrivers i joined in 1999, spirit wise i mean.
    well, i hope everybody has had a good laugh at my bitching, cheers and best of luck to all of you.

Darren Wilson

I wouldn't suggest the use of any SlotKet adaptors as they are all known to be unreliable.

All the information that you need is on Abit's website with regards to Voltage requirements, etc.

------------------
    FINALLY, Rocco HAS COME BACK to Win-Driverssssss......
    Let the Boobies hit the floor