[RESOLVED] Oleaut32.dll

Thread: [RESOLVED] Oleaut32.dll

Dgallatin

Resolved [RESOLVED] Oleaut32.dll

Trying to replace with an updated file, no matter what I try, including safe mode, it is always in use and I cant rewrite the file.
    Any idea's greatly appreciated, its my boss's
    computer and she cant use Office without this file.

Try renameing the file to something like Oleaut.dllold ,put your new file in System and it should work.Keep track of what you name the old file in case something does not work , actually you might want to make a copy of the original before you change it.

MS-Tech

Lightbulb

Dgallatin:

Renaming this file will not work, as the file is in use as long as Windows is running.

Here's how to update oleaut32.dll, and it's dependency files. This WILL work. Guaranteed. And it'll only take a few minutes.

Download the file VBRUN60SP5.exe [.99 MB]from the following URL:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...VBRun60sp5.exe

Save this file to disk, then close any applications you have open. Run the file VBRUN60SP5.exe; this will update oleaut32.dll to version 2.40.4275. More importantly, it will also install the dependency files for oleaut32.dll, and also register the files.

VBRUN60SP5.exe is small enough to save to a floppy, so you can also use this update to patch other machines that are having problems realted to OLE automation libraries.

If you get stuck, drop me a line at [email protected]

Try this & let me know how things turn out.