[RESOLVED] video drivers for win nt sp6

Thread: [RESOLVED] video drivers for win nt sp6

Brent Clayton

Post video drivers for win nt sp6

I need help with a system running windows nt 4.0 with service pack 6. I need to replace the video board and have tried two boards. Niether will install properly under service pack 6. If I could drop down to service pack 3 both cards would install ok. I am unable to drop down to sp 3 as there was no provision made for going back when sp6 was installed.
    What I am looking for is video drivers for an sis 6326 pt80 that will work with service pack 6 or for a new video card that will come with drivers that will allow it to be installed with sp6.
    Thanks
    Brent Clayton

I have a Voodoo 3 2000 on my NT machine and it works just fine. Upgrade your card dood. That card you have is a dinosaur.

------------------
    Some days you are the dog, some days you are the Hydrant.
    Some days you are the dog, some days you are the Hydrant.

visit http://www.digifuge.com

ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 8Mb video card works fine with nt 4.0 & SP6.

Always good to see another redneck on the boards!

Have you tried the drivers at http://www.sis.com.tw/support/download/6326.htm ?
    They even list 2K drivers, so i would assume the latest NT drivers would handle SP6a. If you have and still have a problem, post more info and i will try to help!

------------------
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. "

- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

Brent Clayton

To Student: My neck is so red I migrated to Mississippi from the deep south (Louisiana).
    I tried the SIS web site but I already had their latest driver. The problem is this. I have been building these nt machs for a local bank, with them supplying the parts. When I build one if I install NT and bring it to SP3 then load the video driver the video driver will work just fine and even if I update to SP6 that driver still works fine.In this case I installed SP6 and didn't install the video drivers. When I tried to install them with SP6 installed they won't work and all I can get is 16 colors. Again thru an error on my part I left myself no way to back off SP6. Because of some reasons that are too involved to tell here I can't just start over on this machine so I am hurting for a solution. It has been suggested to me that a rage ATI pro turbo will install under SP6. Any ideas if it will or not? And any other help you might give would be appriciated.

Well, that Rage board should work fine, even if it is a bit much for what they will probably do. I'd go for the cheapest NT certified board I could get, but if the bank is paying, buy something with good support.
    Also, did you try using the generic drivers? I'm guessing that's what is giving you sucky colors....

------------------

Montego Turtle Beach cards work fine under NT4.0 + SP6. Dell factory fitted....isn't it good to see some of the bigger companies using decent equip as factory fitted.
    It was like that when I got here!_ _ _ ___ _ _ _ pig's a$$.