[RESOLVED] Weird Display Problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] Weird Display Problems

hydro

Weird Display Problems

Ok, Im not sure if this problem is video card orientated or monitor orientated or maybe even something completely different, but any help on it would be great. I have recently upgraded my machine to a celeron 300a and a BH6, also got a Diamond Stealth G460 8MB AGP card. Recently I have noticed some strange lime green coloured lines flash randomly across the monitor continuously, not only in Windows 95 but also at boot up and during the Win 95 splash screen. Originally I thought it was heat screwing up the video card since I noticed my PC running at 48 degrees celsius. I have now brought the temp down to roughly 34 degrees with the help of fans, but the problem still persists. I have tested the monitor on my old machine (A 686 200 48MB RAM with its onboard 4 MB video) and that came back fine, and have now tested the video card on an Asus P2B board with a PIII 450 CPU running Win NT workstation 4 (service pack 4) and didnt notice any problems (The PIII machine also runs at rought 43 degrees celsius). Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

carl
    I've came across with something similar with AMD processors , and reseating the CPU did the trick for me.

ConMaSau
    I've experienced this problem. I had to change the video card. it worked for me :-)
    Take care!

PanFried
    The problem that you are having is with the Diamond video card. I had the exact same problem with a Diamond SpeedStar 8MB APG, and a Diamond Fire GL Pro 1000 AGP. After replacing the cards, the problems were fixed.

Dvnt1

before replacing the card, check for video clock speed settings, i'm unfamiliar with that particular vid card, but.....
    just curious.......put your hard drive on that p3 as well, see what happens