Joke Prog. or Virus

Thread: Joke Prog. or Virus

Post Joke Prog. or Virus

anyone ever heard of a joke virus that moves you desktop icons around as you move the mouse across them, and some seam to move away from the pointer as you move the mouse, if so what components have to be removed to get rid of this prog.I have seen a prog. called crazy icon but this is different the icons only move when you move the pointer. thanks Dex.

[quote]Originally posted by [email protected]:
    <strong>anyone ever heard of a joke virus that moves you desktop icons around as you move the mouse across them, and some seam to move away from the pointer as you move the mouse, if so what components have to be removed to get rid of this prog.I have seen a prog. called crazy icon but this is different the icons only move when you move the pointer. thanks Dex.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ya, it's called magistar, I'll try and dig up the info on it

Edit: look here <a href="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" target="_blank">W32.Magistr.39921@mm</a>
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Some versions of magister have very damaging payload, it's recommended that you clean it out asap
    use the link at the bottom of the windrivers main page, should straighten you out

Thanks Guys,

Muadb02